This course is designed for system administrators who wish to plan, design, and implement cloud services for their organizations. This includes the ability understand cloud solution features, capabilities, and components offered by cloud provides at a deep level so as to design cloud and hybrid solutions for application deployment and infrastructure scenarios. Cloud architects must also evaluate, and plan for the appropriate compute, network, database, and security components to build a solution that meets the needs of their organization. In addition, they must secure, monitor, and optimize those solutions.
To ensure your success in this course you should have experience with basic client and server deployment, configuration, and use. You should also be familiar with evaluating, implementing, accessing, administering cloud services, including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions. You should also have experience deploying applications to and managing applications in cloud environments. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
NCTA Cloud Technologies
NCTA Cloud Operations
In this course, you will manage the design and plan the implementation of cloud architectures as needed to function as a Certified Cloud Master. You will:
- Plan a cloud solutions architecture.
- Select Amazon Web Services Building Blocks.
- Select AWS infrastructure components.
- Select Rackspace Cloud features and components.
- Select Microsoft Azure features and components.
- Manage hardware requirements and constraints.
- Select operating systems for cloud solutions.
- Determine database support for applications.
- Select middleware to meet application performance requirements.
- Determine licensing requirements for cloud services.
- Protect business continuity.
- Secure data with encryption.
- Secure access to cloud services.
- Secure data in transit and at rest.
- Monitor security.
- Manage volume.
- Manage the application experience.
- Manage business requirements for cloud solutions.
LESSON 1: PLANNING A CLOUD SOLUTION ARCHITECTURE
TOPIC A: DETERMINE BUSINESS NEEDS FOR CLOUD COMPUTING SOLUTIONS
- Determine the business needs for cloud computing solutions.
- Identify the terminology used in cloud computing.
Core Concepts of Cloud Computing
- Identify core concepts used in cloud computing.
Business Trends in Cloud Computing
- Describe business trends in cloud computing.
Emerging Trends in Cloud Computing
- Describe emerging trends in cloud computing.
Key IT Roles in Cloud Computing
- Identify key IT roles in cloud computing.
Core Responsibilities of a Cloud Architect
- Describe the core responsibilities of a cloud architect.
Guidelines for Determining Business Needs for Cloud Computing Solutions
Determining Business Needs for Cloud Computing Solutions
TOPIC B: IDENTIFY CLOUD COMPUTING FACILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Identify cloud computing facility requirements.
- Describe requirements for cloud data centers.
Modular Data Centers
- Describe modular data centers.
- Describe carriers as related to cloud computing data centers.
- Describe the carrier neutrality related to cloud computing solutions.
- Describe electrical support needed for cloud computing facilities.
Identify Requirements for Cloud Computing Facilities
TOPIC C: DETERMINE THE TYPE OF CLOUD SERVICE MODEL
- Determine the type of cloud service model a business needs.
Key Service Models and Providers
- Identify the key service models and some example providers.
Software as a Service (SaaS) and Traditional Software Purchases
- Describe software as a service compared to traditional software purchase and implementation.
Key Reasons for Selecting SaaS Solutions
- Identify common reasons why SaaS solutions are selected over traditional software purchases.
Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Traditional Application Deployment
- Describe platform as a service compared to traditional application deployment options.
Key Reasons for Selecting PaaS Solutions
- Identify common reasons why PaaS Solutions are selected over traditional application deployment solutions.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Traditional Infrastructure
- Describe infrastructure as a service compared to maintaining traditional infrastructure.
Key Reasons for Selecting IaaS Solutions
- Identify common reasons way IaaS solutions are selected over traditional infrastructure.
Guidelines for Determining the Type of Cloud Service Model Required
Determining the Type of Cloud Service Model Required
TOPIC D: DETERMINE THE TYPE OF CLOUD IMPLEMENTATION TO USE
- Determine what type of cloud implementations best meet business needs.
Overview of Cloud Implementations
- Describe the different cloud implementations.
Public Cloud and Traditional Networking Infrastructures
- Describe the public cloud implementation compared to traditional infrastructure.
Key Reasons to Select Public Cloud Implementation
- Identify key reasons why a business would select a public cloud implementation.
Private Cloud and Traditional Networking Infrastructures
- Describe the private cloud implementation compared to traditional infrastructure.
Key Reason to Select Private Cloud Implementation
- Identify key reasons why a business would select a private cloud implementation.
Hybrid Cloud and Traditional Networking Infrastructure
- Identify the hybrid cloud implementation compared to traditional infrastructure.
Key Reasons to Select a Hybrid Cloud Implementation
- Identify key reasons why a business would select a hybrid cloud implementation.
Guidelines for Determining the Type of Cloud Implementation to Use
Determining the Type of Cloud Implementation to Use
LESSON 2: SELECTING AMAZON WEB SERVICES BUILDING BLOCKS
TOPIC A: SELECT AVAILABILITY AND MANAGEMENT BUILDING BLOCKS
- Select the AWS Building Blocks that provide availability and management.
- Describe how global infrastructure facilitates cloud computing.
Multiple Global Availability Zones
- Describe the multiple global availability zones.
Key Benefits for Global Availability Zones
- Identify the key benefits of global availability zones.
- Describe location concerns related to data, apps, and services.
Management and Administration of AWS
- Identify the management and administration options for AWS.
AWS Building Blocks
- Identify AWS Building Blocks.
AWS Building Block Scenarios
- Describe the AWS building block scenarios.
Guidelines for Selecting AWS Building Blocks for Availability and Management
Selecting AWS Building Blocks for Availability and Management
TOPIC B: SELECT AWS CROSS CLOUD SERVICE FEATURES
- Select AWS cross cloud service features to support business needs.
- Describe Amazon CloudWatch.
Amazon Simple Notification Services (SNS)
- Describe the Amazon SNS.
Amazon Simple Workflow Service (SWF)
- Describe the Amazon SWF.
AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Describe AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Describe AWS CloudFormation.
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Describe AWS IAM.
AWS Cross Cloud Service Feature Scenarios
- Identify AWS cross cloud service feature scenarios.
Guidelines for Selecting AWS Cross Cloud Service Features
Selecting AWS Cross Cloud Service Features
TOPIC C: SELECT AWS PLATFORM BUILDING BLOCKS
- Select AWS platform building blocks to meet business needs.
Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- Describe Amazon SQS.
Amazon Simple Email Service (SES)
- Describe Amazon SES.
- Describe Amazon CloudSearch.
- Describe Amazon CloudFront.
Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
- Describe Amazon EMR.
AWS PaaS Example Scenario
- Describe an example of using AWS PaaS.
Guidelines for Selecting AWS Platform Building Blocks
Selecting AWS Platform Building Blocks
LESSON 3: SELECTING AWS INFRASTRUCTURE COMPONENTS
TOPIC A: SELECT AWS COMPUTE COMPONENTS
- Select AWS compute components.
Key Concerns for Compute and Networking Components
- Describe key concerns for selecting compute components.
Compute Components for Cloud Computing
- List compute components commonly used for cloud computing.
AWS Infrastructure Overview
- Describe the infrastructure of the AWS.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Describe Amazon EC2.
Virtualization for Cloud Computing
- Describe how virtualization is used in cloud computing solutions
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Describe Amazon VPC.
- Define auto scaling.
AWS IaaS Example Scenario
- Describe an example of using AWS IaaS.
Guidelines for Selecting AWS Compute Components
Selecting AWS Compute Components
TOPIC B: SELECT AWS NETWORKING COMPONENTS
Key Concerns for Networking Components
- Describe key concerns for selecting networking components.
Network Components for Cloud Computing
- Describe common network components used in cloud computing solutions.
Elastic Load Balancing
- Describe elastic load balancing.
- Describe Amazon WorkSpaces.
Amazon Route 53
- Describe Amazon Route 53.
AWS Direct Connect
- Describe AWS Direct Connect.
AWS Infrastructure Example
- Describe an example of AWS infrastructure.
Guidelines for Selecting AWS Networking Components
Selecting AWS Networking Components
TOPIC C: SELECT AWS DATABASE SERVICES
- Select AWS database services.
Key Concerns for Database Services
- Describe key concerns business have when selecting database services
- Describe relational databases.
Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Describe Amazon RDS.
- Describe Amazon DynamoDB.
- Describe Amazon ElastiCache.
- Describe Amazon Redshift.
- Describe Amazon SimpleDB.
Guidelines for Selecting AWS Database Services
Selecting AWS Database Services
TOPIC D: SELECT AWS STORAGE AND CONTENT DELIVERY COMPONENTS
- Select AWS storage and content delivery.
Key Concerns for Storage and Content Delivery Components
- Describe key concerns business have when selecting storage and content delivery.
Storage and Content Delivery Components for Cloud Computing
- Identify storage and content delivery components.
Object Storage and Block Storage
- Compare object storage and block storage.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Describe Amazon S3.
- Describe Amazon Glacier.
Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Describe Amazon EBS.
AWS Import and Export Services
- Describe the AWS import and export services.
Storage Integration with Amazon CloudFront
- Describe Amazon CloudFront.
Guidelines for Selecting AWS Storage and Content Delivery Components
Selecting AWS Storage and Content Delivery Components
TOPIC E: MONITOR AWS SOLUTIONS WITH ANALYTICS
- Monitor AWS solutions with analytics.
Key Concerns for Analytics
- Describe key concerns business have for monitoring cloud infrastructure and components
Overview of AWS Analytics
- Describe AWS analytics.
Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
- Describe Amazon EMR.
- Describe Amazon Kinesis.
Amazon Data Pipeline
- Describe the Amazon Data Pipeline.
Third Party Analytics Solutions
- Describe third party analytics solutions.
AWS Analytics Scenarios
- Describe different AWS analytics scenarios.
Guidelines for Monitoring AWS Solutions
Monitoring AWS Solutions with Analytics
LESSON 4: SELECTING RACKSPACE CLOUD FEATURES AND COMPONENTS
TOPIC A: SELECT RACKSPACE CLOUD COMPUTE AND NETWORK COMPONENTS
- Select Rackspace cloud compute and network components.
Rackspace Cloud Servers
- Define Rackspace Cloud Server options.
- Describe RackConnect for hybrid solutions.
Rackspace Cloud Networks
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Network options.
Rackspace Load Balancers
- Describe load balancers in Rackspace Cloud.
Rackspace Cloud DNS
- Describe cloud DNS in Rackspace Cloud.
- Describe Rackspace OnMetal service offerings.
Rackspace Auto Scale
- Describe Auto Scale features in Rackspace cloud implementations.
- Describe orchestration provisioning and management features.
Guidelines for Selecting Rackspace Compute and Network Components
Selecting Rackspace Compute and Network Components
TOPIC B: SELECT RACKSPACE CLOUD DATABASE COMPONENTS
- Select Rackspace cloud databases.
- Describe databases offerings in Rackspace cloud solutions
- Describe MySQL database as compared to other database solutions.
- Describe Percona Server as compared to other database solutions.
- Describe MariaDB as compared to other database solutions.
- Describe NoSQL Databases.
- Describe the ObjectRocket NoSQL database option.
Managed NoSQL Databases
- Describe managed NoSQL database options in Rackspace Cloud.
Big Data Platform
- Describe the Rackspace Cloud Big Data Platform.
- Describe cloud queuing services available for applications.
Guidelines for Selecting Rackspace Cloud Database Components
Selecting Rackspace Cloud Database Components
TOPIC C: SELECT RACKSPACE CLOUD STORAGE
- Select Rackspace Cloud block storage to meet requirements.
- Describe block storage.
- Describe cloud files.
- Describe cloud backup.
Rackspace Cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Describe Rackspace’s CDN option.
Guidelines for Selecting Rackspace Cloud Storage
Selecting Rackspace Cloud Storage
TOPIC D: MONITOR RACKSPACE SOLUTIONS WITH CLOUD ANALYTICS
- Monitor Rackspace Cloud analytics.
Rackspace Cloud Monitoring
- Describe cloud monitoring options for Rackspace cloud solutions.
- Describe configuration requirements for cloud monitoring.
- Describe remote monitoring options for monitoring Rackspace cloud solutions.
System Status Monitoring
- Describe system status monitoring.
Platform Status Monitoring
- Describe platform status monitoring.
- Describe agent monitoring.
- Describe data monitoring.
Alarms and Notifications
- Describe alarm and notification options.
- Describe options for secure monitoring.
Third Party Solutions
- Describe third party analytics solutions.
Guidelines for Monitoring Rackspace PaaS and IaaS Analytics Solutions
Monitoring Rackspace PaaS and IaaS Analytics Solutions
LESSON 5: SELECTING MICROSOFT AZURE FEATURES AND COMPONENTS
TOPIC A: SELECT AZURE COMPUTE AND NETWORK SERVICES
- Select Azure compute and network services.
- Describe virtual machines.
Azure Cloud Services
- List Azure cloud services.
- Describe web sites.
- Describe mobile services.
- Describe ExpressRoute.
- Describe virtual network.
Azure Traffic Manager
- Describe Azure Traffic Manager.
Guidelines for Selecting Azure Compute and Network Services
Selecting Azure Compute and Network Services
TOPIC B: SELECT AZURE DATA SERVICES
- Select Azure data services.
Azure Storage Options
- Describe Azure storage options.
- Describe SQL databases.
Microsoft SQL Server
- Describe Microsoft SQL Server in Azure solutions
- Define HDInsight.
- Describe cache.
- Describe recovery services.
Guidelines for Selecting Azure Data Services
Selecting Azure Data Services
TOPIC C: SELECT AZURE APP SERVICES
- Select Azure app services.
Azure Media Services
- Describe media services in Azure.
Azure Service Bus
- Describe service bus in Azure.
Azure Notification Hubs
- Describe notification hub in Azure.
- Describe the Azure Scheduler.
- Describe BizTalk services in Azure.
- Describe Active Directory in Azure.
- Describe multi-factor authentication in Azure.
Guidelines for Selecting Azure App Services
Selecting Azure App Services
TOPIC D: MONITOR AZURE SOLUTIONS WITH ANALYTICS
- Monitor Azure Solutions with analytics.
Azure Cloud Service Monitoring
Azure Diagnostics for Cloud Services
- Describe Azure cloud service monitoring and diagnostics
Options for Enabling Diagnostics Connection String
- Describe the options for enabling the diagnostics connection string
- Describe monitoring levels available in Azure monitoring and diagnostics
- Describe the metrics table in in Azure monitoring and diagnostics
- Describe the metrics chart in in Azure monitoring and diagnostics
Options for Accessing Data Outside the Azure Portal
- Describe options for accessing data outside the Azure Portal.
Third Party Solutions
- Describe third party analytics solutions available.
Guidelines for Monitoring Azure PaaS and IaaS Analytics Solutions
Monitoring Azure PaaS and IaaS Analytics Solutions
TOPIC E: SELECT A CLOUD PROVIDER TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS
- Select from different cloud providers to choose the provider that best meets your needs.
Map of Components
- Describe how components of major cloud providers map to functions and services.
Building Blocks Visualized
- Visualize how components combine to create cloud solutions.
Red Hat OpenStack Deployment
- Describe a Red Hat OpenStack deployment.
AWS Standard Architecture
- Describe the standard architecture of an AWS solution.
Azure Standard Architecture
- Describe the standard architecture of an Azure solution.
Cloud Service Providers Analysis
- Compare services and features available from major cloud service providers.
Guidelines for Selecting a Cloud Provider to Meet Business Needs
Selecting a Cloud Provider to Meet Business Needs
LESSON 6: MANAGING HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS AND CONSTRAINTS
TOPIC A: MANAGE COMPUTE RESOURCES
- Manage compute resources to mitigate constraints.
CPU Usage Consideration by Applications
- Describe processing power needs.
CPU Bound Applications
- Describe CPU bound applications.
Options for Dealing with CPU Bound Applications
- Describe the options for dealing with CPU bound applications.
Concurrent Processes Issues
- Describe concurrent processes issues.
Scalability: Horizontal Growth of Compute Resources
- Describe horizontal growth of computer resources for scalability.
Scalability: Vertical Growth of Compute Resources
- Describe vertical growth of computer resources for scalability.
License Requirements and Restrictions based on CPU and OS
- Describe the license requirements and restrictions based on CPU and OS.
Guidelines for Managing Compute Resources
Managing Compute Resources
TOPIC B: MANAGE MEMORY USAGE FOR CLOUD SOLUTIONS
- Manage memory usage for cloud solutions.
Memory Usage in Transaction Processing
- Describe the memory usage in transaction processing.
Memory Bound Applications
- Describe memory bound applications.
Memory Relationship to Performance
- Describe the relationship between memory and performance.
Memory Use Optimization Strategies
- Describe memory use optimization strategies.
- Describe caching.
- Describe paging.
- Describe OS type.
- Describe sharing.
Scalability: Horizontal Growth of Memory
- Describe horizontal growth of memory for scalability.
License Requirements and Restrictions Based on Memory
- Describe the requirements and restrictions based on memory.
Guidelines for Managing Memory Usage in Cloud Solutions
Managing Memory Usage in Cloud Solutions
TOPIC C: MANAGE STORAGE
- Describe the management of storage.
- Define storage terminology.
Key Elements of Storage Performance: Disks and Spindles
- Define disks and spindles.
Read and Write Characteristics
- Describe the read and write characteristics.
Application Performance Issues Related to Storage
- Identify the application performance Issues related to storage.
Object Storage Performance on SAN and NAS
- Describe the object storage performance on SAN and NAS.
Block Storage Performance on SAN and NAS
- Describe the block storage performance on SAN and NAS.
- Identify backup considerations.
- Identify replication considerations.
Disaster Recovery Considerations
- Identify disaster recovery considerations.
Guidelines for Managing Storage
TOPIC D: MANAGE NETWORK COMPONENTS
- Describe the management of network components.
Network Performance Issues
- Describe issues that can arise with network performance in cloud solutions.
Bandwidth Measurement Options
- Identify bandwidth measurement options.
Public Network Types
- Define public network types.
Private Network Types
- Define private network types.
Public and Private Networks
- Compare public and private networks.
LAN and WAN Optimization Considerations
- Describe LAN and WAN optimization considerations.
Guidelines for Managing Network Components
Managing Network Components
Identifying Performance Issues
LESSON 7: SELECTING OPERATING SYSTEMS FOR CLOUD SOLUTIONS
TOPIC A: DETERMINE OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Determine the requirements for operating systems.
OS Cost Considerations
- Identify OS cost considerations.
Mission Critical OS Needs
- Identify mission critical OS needs.
- Describe OS maintenance.
- Describe OS patching.
- Describe application requirements.
- Describe cloud support.
Staff Knowledge and Familiarity
- Describe staff knowledge and familiarity.
Guidelines for Determining Operating System Requirements for Cloud Solutions
Determining Operating System Requirements for Cloud Solutions
TOPIC B: SELECT OPERATING SYSTEMS FOR CLOUD SOLUTIONS
- Select appropriate operating systems for cloud solutions.
Microsoft Windows Server
- Describe the Microsoft Windows Server solution.
- Describe the Linux solution.
- Describe the AS 400 solution.
- Describe the Unix solution.
- Describe the Oracle Solaris solution.
Common Cloud Operating System Tradeoffs
- Identify the common cloud operating system tradeoffs.
Guidelines for Selecting an Operating System for Cloud Solutions
Selecting an Operating System for Cloud Solutions
LESSON 8: DETERMINING DATABASE SUPPORT FOR APPLICATIONS
TOPIC A: DEFINE DATABASE TYPES
- Define database types to meet requirements of applications.
Common SQL Database
- Describe common SQL databases used in cloud computing.
SQL Database: Oracle MySQL
- Describe Oracle MySQL.
SQL Database: Oracle Database
- Describe Oracle Database.
SQL Database: Postgres
- Describe Postgres.
Common NoSQL Databases
- Describe common NoSQL databases used in cloud computing.
NoSQL Databases: Column Stores
- Identify column stores in NoSQL databases.
NoSQL Databases: Document Stores
- Identify document stores in NoSQL databases.
NoSQL Databases: Key Value/Tuple Stores
- Identify key value/tuple stores in NoSQL databases.
NoSQL Databases: Graphing
- Identify graphing in NoSQL databases.
NoSQL Databases: Multi-Model
- Identify multi-mode in NoSQL databases.
Comparison of SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Compare SQL and NoSQL databases.
Guidelines for Defining SQL and NoSQL Database Requirements
Defining SQL and NoSQL Database Requirements
TOPIC B: SELECT A DATABASE FOR A CLOUD SOLUTION
- Select a database that works for a cloud solution.
Impact of Application Stack on Database Selection
- Identify the impact of the application stack when selecting a database.
Impact of OS on Database Selection
- Identify the impact of the OS when selecting a database.
Impact of Developer Support on Database Selection
- Identify the developer support needed when selecting a database.
Impact of Provider Availability on Database Selection
- Identify the impact of provider availability when selecting a database.
Impact of Additional Cloud Database Features
- Identify the impact of cloud database features when selecting a database.
Guidelines for Selecting a Database for a Cloud Solution
Selecting a Database for a Cloud Solution
LESSON 9: SELECTING MIDDLEWARE TO MEET APPLICATION PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
TOPIC A: DEFINE MIDDLEWARE REQUIREMENTS
- Define the requirements for middleware.
Function of Middleware
- Describe the function of middleware.
- Define async RPC.
- Define sync RPC.
- Define publish and subscribe.
- Describe message-oriented middleware.
SQL-oriented Data Access
- Describe SQL oriented data access.
- Identify different examples of middleware.
Guidelines for Defining Middleware Requirements for Cloud Solutions
Defining Middleware Requirements for Cloud Solutions
TOPIC B: SELECT AN APPLICATION PACKAGE TO MEET REQUIREMENTS
- Select an application package to meet performance requirements.
Application and Packages Offered by Cloud Providers
- Identify applications and packages offered by cloud providers.
Administrator and User Access
- Compare administrator and user access.
Types of Access
- Identify different types of access.
- Describe performance expectations.
Performance Perception and Reality
- Compare performance perception and reality.
Application Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Describe application service level agreements.
Guidelines for Selecting Application Packages
Selecting Application Packages
LESSON 10: DETERMINING LICENSING REQUIREMENTS FOR CLOUD SERVICES
TOPIC A: DETERMINING CLOUD LICENSING MODELS AND LIMITATIONS
- Define cloud licensing models and their limitations.
Licensing Constraints in Cloud Environments
- Identify licensing constraints in cloud environments.
Enterprise License Agreements
- Describe enterprise license agreements.
Blanket License Agreements
- Describe blanker license agreements.
End User License Agreements
- Describe end user license agreements.
Per User and Per Module License Models
- Describe per user and per module license models.
Licensing Models Compared
- Compare different licensing models.
Guidelines for Determining Licensing Requirements for Cloud Solutions
Determining Licensing Requirements for Cloud Solutions
TOPIC B: DEFINE SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENTS (SLA)
- Define service level agreements and considerations.
Service Level Agreements
- Define service level agreements.
Common Service Level Agreement Terms
- Identify common service level agreement terms.
SLA Consideration: Data Lifecycle Management
- Describe data lifecycle management.
SLA Consideration: High Availability
- Describe high availability.
SLA Consideration: Disaster Recovery
- Describe disaster recovery.
SLA Consideration: Backup and Data Protection
- Describe backup and data protection.
Common Service Level Agreements
- List common service level agreements.
Guidelines for Defining Service Level Agreements
Defining Service Level Agreements
LESSON 11: PROTECTING BUSINESS CONTINUITY
TOPIC A: PROTECT DATA
- Protect data using different methods available in cloud implementation.
- Describe data protection.
Data Lifecycle Management
- Describe data lifecycle management.
Profile Based Data Retention Polices
- Identify profile based data retention polices.
- Describe data replication.
- Describe back up options.
High Availability Options
- Describe high availability options.
- Describe snapshots.
Snapshot Application Considerations
- Identify snapshot application considerations.
- Describe cloning.
Data Protection Strategy Examples
- Describe examples of data protection strategies.
Guidelines for Protecting Data
TOPIC B: ENSURE BUSINESS CONTINUITY
- Ensure business continuity for cloud solutions.
Approach to Business Continuity
- Describe the approach to business continuity.
Business and IT Consideration
- Identify business and IT considerations.
Business Continuity Scenarios
- Describe different business continuity scenarios.
- Identify escalation paths for business continuity.
Automated Processes for Application Continuity
- Describe automated processes for application continuity.
Failover and Testing
- Describe failover and testing.
Guidelines for Ensuring Business Continuity
Ensuring Business Continuity
TOPIC C: PLAN FOR DISASTER RECOVERY
- Plan for disaster recovery.
Disaster Recovery Plans
- Identify disaster recovery plans.
- Identify different application considerations.
Business Impact Analysis
- Describe business impact analysis.
Recovery Time Objective
- Describe the recovery time objective.
Recovery Point Objective
- Describe the recovery point objective.
Automatic Conference Bridge
- Describe automatic conference bridges.
Testing the DRP
- Describe the testing of the DRP.
Guidelines for Planning for Disaster Recovery
Planning for Disaster Recovery
TOPIC D: IMPLEMENT EFFECTIVE DATA AND BUSINESS PROTECTION WITH CLOUD SERVICES
- Implement effective data and business protection with cloud services.
Elements of Effective Data and Business Protection
- Identify the elements of effective data and business protection.
Geographic Separation of Data Centers
- Describe the benefit of geographic separation of data centers.
- Identify the role of network connectivity.
Reservation of Compute Capability
- Describe the reservation of compute capability.
Storage and Backup Replication
- Identify storage and backup replication options.
DNS and CDN Considerations
- Identify the different DNS and CDN considerations.
Infrastructure Responsibility in the Cloud: Provider
- Describe the infrastructure responsibility in the cloud for providers.
Data Responsibility in the Cloud: Customer
- Describe the data responsibility in the cloud for customers.
Strategies for Effective Cloud Data Project, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery
- Identify the strategies for effective cloud data project, business continuity, and disaster recovery.
- Describe what providers and customers are responsible for.
Guidelines for Implementing Effective Data and Business Protection with Cloud Services
Implementing Effective Data and Business Protection with Cloud Services
LESSON 12: SECURING DATA WITH ENCRYPTION
TOPIC A: IDENTIFY COMPONENTS OF CLOUD SECURITY
- Identify the different components of cloud security.
Components of Cloud Security
- Describe the different components of cloud security.
- Describe perimeter security.
- Describe authentication.
- Describe encryption.
- Describe key management.
- Describe data security.
- Describe audit requirements.
Identifying Cloud Security Components
TOPIC B: USE ENCRYPTION TO SECURE DATA
- Use encryption to secure data.
What is Encryption?
- Describe encryption.
Uses for Encryption
- Identify uses for encryption.
- Identify different encryption strengths.
- Identify encryption types.
- Identify encryption methods.
Encryption Methods: Hashing
- Identify hashing encryption methods.
Guidelines for Securing Data with Encryption
Using Encryption to Secure Data
TOPIC C: MANAGE ENCRYPTION KEYS
- Manage keys used for data encryption.
Encryption Methods: Symmetric
- Describe symmetric encryption.
Encryption Methods: Asymmetric
- Describe asymmetric encryption.
- Describe key pairs.
- Describe private keys.
- Describe public keys.
Key Pair Scenarios
- Describe key pair scenarios.
- Identify different certificate vendors.
Guidelines for Managing Encryption Keys
Using Key Pairs, A Tutorial
Logging into Amazon Web Services with Putty Certificate
LESSON 13: SECURING ACCESS TO CLOUD SERVICES
TOPIC A: DEFINE PERIMETER SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
- Define perimeter security requirements.
- Describe perimeter security components.
- Describe firewalls.
Distributed Denial of Services Detection and Mitigation Strategies
- Describe distributed denial of services detection and mitigation strategies.
Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Describe intrusion detection systems.
Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS)
- Describe intrusion protection systems.
- Describe tracking.
- Describe vulnerability scanning.
Guidelines for Defining Perimeter Security Requirements
Defining Perimeter Security Requirements
TOPIC B: DEFINE AUTHENTICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Define different authentication requirements.
- Identify common authentication requirements in cloud solutions
- Describe multifactor authentication.
- Describe single sign-on.
Web-based One Login
- Describe web-based one login.
- Describe social login.
Guidelines for Defining Authentication Requirements
Defining Authentication Requirements
LESSON 14: SECURING DATA IN TRANSIT AND AT REST
TOPIC A: SECURE DATA-IN-TRANSIT
- Secure data-in-transit.
Security of Data-in-Transit
- Describe the security of data-in-transit.
Secure Network Communication
- Identify different secure network communications.
Secure Database Communication
- Identify different secure database communications.
File Level Encryption during Transit
- Describe file level encryption during transit.
Backup Encryption during Transit
- Describe backup encryption during transit.
Guidelines for Securing Data in Transit
Securing Data in Transit
TOPIC B: SECURE DATA-AT-REST
- Secure data-at-rest.
Security of Data-at-Rest
- Describe the security of data-at-rest.
Disk Level Encryption
- Describe disk level encryption.
Virtual Machine Encryption
- Describe disk level encryption.
Database Encryption at Rest
- Describe encryption at rest.
File Level Encryption at Rest
- Describe file level encryption at rest.
- Define application encryption.
- Define data portability.
Data Portability Scenarios
- Describe different data portability scenarios.
Guidelines for Securing Data at Rest
Securing Data at Rest
LESSON 15: MONITORING SECURITY
TOPIC A: DEFINE SECURITY EVENT PROCESSES
- Define security event processes.
Types of Security Events
- Identify different types of security events.
The Security Breach Process
- Describe the security breach process.
The Escalation Process
- Describe the escalation process.
The Notification Process
- Describe the notification process.
- Identify other processes.
- Describe documenting the processes.
- Identify forensic options.
Comparison of Owner and Provider Issues
- Compare owner and provider issues.
Chain of Custody Guarantee
- Define the chain of custody guarantee.
Guidelines for Defining Security Event Processes
Defining Security Event Processes
TOPIC B: MONITOR THE SECURITY OF CLOUD SOLUTIONS
- Monitor the security of cloud solutions.
- Define the FedRAMP standard.
Ad Hoc Audits and Exception Notifications
- Compare ad hoc audits and exception notifications.
Correlated Event Management Portal
- Describe the correlated event management portal.
Policy Based Compliance Reporting
- Describe policy based compliance reporting.
Guidelines for Monitoring Security of Cloud Solutions
Monitoring Security of Cloud Solutions
LESSON 16: MANAGING VOLUME
TOPIC A: SCALE UP CLOUD SOLUTIONS
- Scale up cloud solutions.
Cloud Solution Scale Up
- Describe common scale up for cloud solutions.
Resources that can be Scaled Up
- Identify the resources that can be scaled up.
Conditions that May Require Scaling Up
- Identify the conditions that may require scaling up.
Comparison of Peak and Average Usage
- Compare peak and average usage.
Compute Scale Up
- Describe compute scale up.
Memory Scale Up
- Describe memory scale up.
Storage Scale Up
- Describe storage scale up.
OS Interruption Dependencies
- Identify OS interruption dependencies.
Schedule Considerations for Hardware Updates
- Describe schedule considerations for hardware updates.
Licensing and Costs Considerations
- Identify licensing and costs considerations.
Guidelines for Scaling Up Cloud Solutions
Scaling Up Cloud Solutions
TOPIC B: SCALE OUT CLOUD SOLUTIONS
- Scale out cloud solutions.
Cloud Solution Scale Out
- Describe common scale out options or cloud solutions.
Comparison of Scale Up and Scale Out
- Compare scale up and scale out.
Scale Out Options
- Identify scale out options.
Application Dependency Considerations
- Identify application dependency considerations.
Load Balancing Considerations
- Identify load balancing considerations.
Licensing and Cost Considerations
- Identify licensing and cost considerations.
Guidelines for Scaling Out Cloud Solutions
Scaling Out Cloud Solutions
TOPIC C: BOLT ON SOLUTIONS
- Bolt on capabilities to cloud solutions.
Bolt On Solutions
- Describe the different bolt on solutions.
Conditions that May Require Bolt On Solutions
- Identify the conditions that may require bolt on solutions.
Application Dependency and Compatibly Considerations
- Identify the application dependency and compatibly considerations.
- Identify the security considerations.
Business Continuity Considerations
- Identify the continuity considerations.
Testing and Deployment Considerations
- Identify the testing and deployment considerations.
Bolt On Scenarios
- Describe different bolt on scenarios.
Guidelines for Bolting On Solutions
Bolting On Solutions
TOPIC D: UPDATE INTERFACES IN CLOUD SOLUTIONS
- Update interfaces in cloud solutions for better performance.
- Define interface updates.
Application Dependency Considerations
- Identify application dependency considerations.
- Identify security considerations.
Business Continuity Considerations
- Identify business continuity considerations.
Testing and Deployment Considerations
- Identify testing and deployment considerations.
Interface Update Scenarios
- Describe different interface update scenarios.
Guidelines for Updating Interfaces in Cloud Solutions
Updating Interfaces in Cloud Solutions
LESSON 17: MANAGING THE APPLICATION EXPERIENCE
TOPIC A: ADDRESS TECHNICAL ISSUES THAT AFFECT APPLICATION EXPERIENCE
- Address technical issues that affect application experience.
Impact of Application Type
- Describe the impact that different applications types will have.
Network Bandwidth Issues
- Identify network bandwidth issues.
Impact for Storage and Input/Output Operations per Second (IOPS)
- Describe the impact for storage and IOPS.
Impact of Application Patching
- Describe the impact that application patching will have.
Impact of Database Performance
- Describe the impact that database performance will have.
Impact of Operating System Levels
- Describe the impact that operating systems will have.
Guidelines for Addressing Technical Issues that Affect Application Experience
Addressing Technical Issues that Affect Application Experience
TOPIC B: ADDRESS USER EXPERIENCE ISSUES
- Address user experience issues.
- Define user perception.
Impact of User Perception
- Identify the impact that user perception will have.
Impact of Executive Interaction
- Identify the impact that executive interaction will have.
Service Level Agreements Related to User Experience
- Describe how service level agreements will affect the user experience.
Synthetic Performance Testing
- Define synthetic performance testing.
Comparison of Synthetic and Real Transactions
- Compare synthetic versus real transactions.
Guidelines for Addressing User Experience Issues
Addressing User Experience Issues
TOPIC C: MANAGE CLOUD SERVICES TO MEET BUSINESS DEMANDS
- Manage cloud services to meet business demands.
- Identify different business priorities.
Peak Planning Considerations
- Identify peak planning considerations.
- Identify cost considerations.
Comparison of Pay Now and Pay Later
- Compare pay now and pay later.
- Identify SLA considerations.
Guidelines for Managing Cloud Services to Meet Business Demands
Managing Cloud Services to Meet Business Demands
LESSON 18: MANAGING BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS FOR CLOUD SOLUTIONS
TOPIC A: IDENTIFY BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS
- Identify different business requirements for cloud solutions.
Dynamic Nature of Business
- Define the dynamic nature of business.
Impact of Competitive Pressures
- Identify the impact of competitive pressures.
Impact of Organizational Culture
- Identify the impact of organizational culture.
Impact of Leadership Changes
- Identify the impact of leadership changes.
Impact of Global and Local Business and Political Environments
- Identify the impact of global and local business and political environments.
Identifying the Business Requirements of Cloud Solutions
TOPIC B: MANAGE TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP (TCO) AND RETURN ON INVESTMENT (ROI)
- Manage Total Cost of Ownership and Return on Investment for cloud solutions.
Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Define Total Cost of Ownership.
Return on Investment (ROI)
- Define Return on investment.
- Describe acquisition costs.
- Describe operating costs.
- Describe maintenance costs.
Staff Training Costs
- Describe staff training costs.
- Describe other expenses that may come up.
Compare Acquisition and Operation Costs Scenarios
- Compare acquisition and operation cost scenarios.
Guidelines for Managing TCO and ROI of Cloud Solutions
Managing TCO and ROI of Cloud Solutions
This course is designed for system administrators or cloud technologists who wish to further develop their skills for evaluating, deploying, and administering cloud services. This includes evaluating and selecting Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions and deploying applications to the cloud, as well as maintaining, securing, and optimizing cloud solutions to achieve the best Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return on Investment (ROI).
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic network and server administration, as well as a strong understanding of cloud technologies. In addition, you should be familiar with evaluating, selecting, and implementing Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
NCTA Cloud Technologies
In this course, you will deploy, configure, and administer Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions as needed to function as a Certified Cloud Master. You will:
- Describe cloud operations.
- Plan cloud services Implementation.
- Deploy a cloud application with Digital Ocean.
- Deploy a cloud application with Heroku.
- Deploy websites with Microsoft Azure.
- Implement Azure Cloud Services and virtual machines.
- Manage Azure applications with Visual Studio.
- Deploy applications to Opscode Chef.
- Manage server state with Puppet.
- Implement Rackspace Cloud Servers.
- Import and export data from cloud services.
- Manage security and compliance in cloud solutions.
- Plan and execute a phased cloud migration.
LESSON 1: CLOUD OPERATIONS
TOPIC A: OVERVIEW OF CLOUD COMPUTING SOLUTIONS
Identify the core concepts of cloud computing.
Identify the terminology used in cloud computing.
Operations Core Concepts
Identify core concepts used in cloud computing.
Business Trends in Cloud Computing
Describe business trends in cloud computing.
Emerging Trends in Cloud Computing
Describe emerging trends in cloud computing.
Key IT Roles in Cloud Computing
Identify key IT roles in cloud computing.
Identifying Key Components of Cloud Computing Solutions
TOPIC B: CLOUD SOLUTION OPERATIONAL BENEFITS AND CHALLENGES
- Identify the operational benefits and challenges of cloud computing solutions.
Key Service Models for Operations
- Identify what the key service models are.
Overview of Cloud Implementations for Operations
- Describe the different cloud implementations.
Cloud Computing Technologies Compared to Traditional Network Models
- Describe cloud computing technologies compared to traditional network models.
Operational Benefits of Cloud Computing
- Describe the benefits of cloud computing.
Operational Challenges: Integration between Cloud and On-Premises
- Identify the operational challenges of integration between cloud and on-premises.
Operational Challenges: Security, Privacy, and Compliance
- Identify the operational challenges of security, privacy, and compliance.
Operational Challenges: Managing Provider Contract, Services, and Agreements
- Identify the operational challenges of managing provider contract, services, and agreements.
Operational Challenges: Optimizing Performance
- Identify the operational challenges of optimizing performance.
Identifying Operational Benefits and Challenges in Cloud Computing Environments
TOPIC C: REQUIREMENTS FOR CLOUD SERVICE ADMINISTRATION
- Identify requirements for cloud service administration
Role of Cloud Administrators
- Describe the role of cloud administrators.
IT Administration in Cloud Environments
- Describe IT administration in cloud environments.
Cloud Service Solution Complexity
- Describe cloud service solution complexity.
Knowledge of Leading Cloud Service Providers
- Identify the leading cloud service providers.
Knowledge of Database Operations
- Describe database operations.
Knowledge of Developer Operations
- Describe developer operations.
Administration of Developer Operations
- Describe the administration of developer operations.
Cloud Administrator Tasks
- Identify the tasks commonly performed by cloud administrators.
IT Responsibilities of Cloud Administrators
- Identify the IT responsibilities of cloud administrators.
Business Responsibilities of Cloud Administrators
- Identify the business responsibilities of cloud administrators.
Costs of Goods Sold (COGS)
- Define the costs of goods sold.
Identifying Requirements for Cloud Service Administration
LESSON 2: PLANNING CLOUD SERVICE IMPLEMENTATION
TOPIC A: DETERMINE HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND NETWORK REQUIREMENTS
- Determine hardware, software and network, requirements for cloud service implementations.
- Define deployment planning.
- Identify hardware requirements.
- Identify software requirements.
- Identify migration requirements.
Ongoing Management and Upgrade Cycle Requirements
- Identify ongoing management and upgrade cycle requirements.
Back up and Rollback Requirements
- Identify back up and rollback requirements.
- Identify growth requirements.
- Identify configuration requirements.
Geographical Footprint and Network Topology
- Describe geographical footprint and network topology.
Cloud Provider Deployment Tools
- Identify different cloud provider deployment tools.
Cloud Provider Pricing
- Describe cloud provider pricing.
Guidelines for Determining Hardware, Software, and Network Requirements
Determining Hardware, Software, and Network Requirements
Determining Cloud Provider Deployment Tools to Use
TOPIC B: ASSESS RISKS OF A CLOUD DEPLOYMENT
- Assess the risks of a cloud deployment.
Risk Assessment of Cloud Service Providers
- Describe a risk assessment of cloud service providers.
Provider Service Level Agreements
- Define provider service level agreements.
- Describe cloud availability.
Mean Time To Failure (MTTF)
- Define mean time to failure.
Mean Time to Diagnose (MTTD)
- Define mean time to diagnose.
Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Define mean time to repair.
Mean Time between Failures (MTBF)
- Define mean time between failures.
Guidelines for Assessing Risks of a Cloud Deployment
Assessing Risks of a Cloud Deployment
TOPIC C: COORDINATE WITH END-USERS AND BUSINESS STAKEHOLDERS
- Coordinate with end-users and business stakeholders.
End-User Information Requirements
- Identify end-user information requirements.
- Define user roles.
- Define user data.
- Define user permissions.
- Identify the application needs of end users and business stakeholders.
Quality of Service Needs
- Identify the quality of service needs for end users and business stakeholders.
Coordination with Business Stakeholders
- Describe ways to coordinate with business stakeholders.
Incident Management and Issue Tracking
- Determine measures for incident management and issue tracking.
Guidelines for Coordinating with End-Users and Business Stakeholders
Coordinating with End-Users and Business Stakeholders
TOPIC D: PLAN AUTOMATION AND CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT
- Plan automation and configuration management.
Automation in Cloud Computing
- Describe automation in cloud computing.
Benefits of Automation
- Identify the benefits of automation.
Cost Reduction through Automation
- Describe cost reduction through automation.
Cloud Provider Automation Examples
- Describe different cloud provider automation examples.
- Define automated configuration.
Automated Configuration Examples
- Describe different automated configuration examples.
- Describe remote management.
Intelligent Platform Management (IPMI)
- Define intelligent platform management.
Guidelines for Planning Automated Configuration Management
Planning Automated Configuration Management
TOPIC E: DETERMINE CLOUD SERVICE SUPPORT RESOURCES
- Determine the cloud service support resources.
Need for Additional Support
- Identify the need for additional support.
Types of Resources
- Identify the different types of resources.
Technical Resource: Cloud Broker
- Define the cloud broker resource.
Examples of Cloud Brokers
- Describe examples of cloud brokers.
Resources: Distributed Management Task Force
- Define the distributed management task force resource.
Resources: Open Data Center Alliance
- Define the open data center alliance resource.
Resources: Cloud Standards Customer Council (CSCC)
- Define the cloud standards customer council resource.
Resources: Cloud Security Alliance (CSA)
- Define the cloud security alliance resource.
Guidelines for Determining Support Resources
Determining Support Resources
LESSON 3: DEPLOYING A CLOUD APPLICATION WITH DIGITAL OCEAN
TOPIC A: DETERMINE CLOUD APPLICATION IMPLEMENTATION REQUIREMENTS
- Determine the cloud application implementation requirements.
Cloud Based Applications
- Describe cloud based applications.
Business Benefits of Deploying Applications in the Cloud
- Identify the business benefits of deploying applications in the cloud.
Platform as a Service (PaaS) Solutions
- Describe different platform as a service Solutions.
- Describe different provider examples.
Application Design Considerations
- Identify application design considerations.
Common Cloud Application Languages and Frameworks
- Identify common cloud application languages and frameworks.
Application Migration to Cloud Considerations
- Identify the application migration to cloud considerations.
- Define the administrative requirements.
- Describe regional support.
- Identify the integration requirements.
- Describe development support.
Provider Add Ons
- Identify provider add ons.
Guidelines for Determining Cloud Application Implementation Requirements
Determining Cloud Application Implementation Requirements
TOPIC B: DEPLOYING A DROPLET ON DIGITAL OCEAN
- Deploy a droplet on Digital Ocean.
- Define Digital Ocean.
Digital Ocean Scaling
- Describe Digital Ocean scaling.
Digital Ocean APIs
- Describe Digital Ocean APIs.
Digital Ocean Control Panel
- Describe Digital Ocean control panel.
Digital Ocean Bistros
- Describe Digital Ocean bistros.
Digital Ocean 1-Click Apps
- Describe Digital Ocean 1 click apps.
Digital Ocean Networking
- Describe Digital Ocean networking.
- Define droplets.
Other Digital Ocean Features
- Identify other Digital Ocean features.
Guidelines for Deploying Applications on Digital Ocean
Deploying a Droplet
LESSON 4: DEPLOYING A CLOUD APPLICATION WITH HEROKU
TOPIC A: IDENTIFY CLOUD APPLICATION FEATURES OF HEROKU
- Identify the cloud application features of Heroku.
- Define Heroku.
Ephemeral File System
- Describe the ephemeral file system.
- Describe the Heroku shared state.
- Describe the Heroku dependency management.
Heroku Scaling Options
- Identify the Heroku scaling options.
- Describe Heroku logging.
- Define Heroku Dynos.
- Describe dyno management.
- Describe Heroku routing.
- Define Logplex.
- Describe the integration with GitHub.
- Identify marketplace add-ons.
Identifying Cloud Application Requirements Supported by Heroku
TOPIC B: DEPLOY A HEROKU APP
- Deploy a Heroku app.
App Deployment Process
- Describe the app deployment process.
- Describe the account setup process.
- Define the Heroku Toolbelt.
- Describe the Heroku control panel.
- Define the application frameworks.
How to Deploy Applications on Heroku
Deploying an Application on Heroku
TOPIC C: SCALE AND UPDATE APPLICATIONS ON HEROKU
- Scale and update applications on Heroku.
- Define slugs.
- Define buildpacks.
- Describe slug deployment.
- Describe application scaling.
Application Release Checking
- Describe the application release checking process.
Application Rollback Options
- Identify the application rollback options.
Guidelines for Scaling and Updating Applications on Heroku
Scaling and Updating Applications on Heroku
TOPIC D: SECURE HEROKU APPLICATIONS WITH GIT BASH
- Secure Heroku applications with Git Bash.
Cloud Application Security
- Define cloud application security.
- Define application security.
- Describe why you need secure administration.
Secure Shell (SSH) Public and Private Key Encryption
- Define secure shell public and private key encryption.
- Define Git Bash.
Git Bash Client Installation
- Describe Git Bash client installation.
- Identify the SSH configuration.
How to Secure Heroku Applications with Git Bash
Securing Heroku Applications with Git Bash
LESSON 5: DEPLOYING WEBSITES WITH MICROSOFT AZURE
TOPIC A: OVERVIEW OF MICROSOFT AZURE
- Identify Microsoft Azure.
- Define Microsoft Azure.
Azure Service Models
- Identify Azure service models.
Operating System Support
- Identify the operating systems are supported by Azure.
Application Development Support
- Identify which application development languages are supported by Azure.
Azure Computer and Network Services
- Describe Azure computer and network services.
Azure Data Services
- Identify Azure data services.
Azure App Services
- Identify Azure app services.
Azure Performance Measurement
- Describe Azure performance measurement.
- Describe the app store.
Azure Standard Architecture
- Identify the Azure standard architecture.
Identify the Microsoft Azure Components Required for a Cloud Solution
TOPIC B: DEPLOY WEBSITES IN MICROSOFT AZURE
- Deploy websites in Microsoft Azure.
- Describe website in Azure.
Websites in Virtual Machines
- Describe websites in virtual machines.
Front-end Code and Application Logic in Azure Websites
- Identify front-end code and application logic in azure websites.
Website Deployment Methods
- Identify website deployment methods.
- Identify website modes.
Website Performance Monitoring
- Describe website performance monitoring.
Microsoft Azure Management Portal
- Define the Microsoft Azure management portal.
Guidelines for Deploying Websites in Microsoft Azure
Deploying a Website in Microsoft Azure
TOPIC C: MANAGE DATA AND STORAGE IN MICROSOFT AZURE
- Manage data and storage in Microsoft Azure.
- Define Azure storage.
- Define blobs.
- Define tables.
- Define queues.
Microsoft Azure Databases
- Define Microsoft Azure databases.
MS SQL Server
- Define SQL Server.
- Define NoSQL databases.
Guidelines for Managing Data and Storage in Microsoft Azure
Managing SQL Server in Microsoft Azure
LESSON 6: IMPLEMENTING AZURE CLOUD SERVICES AND VIRTUAL MACHINES
TOPIC A: IMPLEMENT AZURE CLOUD SERVICES
- Implement Azure cloud services.
Azure Cloud Services as a PaaS
- Describe Azure cloud services as a PaaS.
- Describe application deployment process.
- Define the web role for Azure cloud services.
- Define the worker role for Azure cloud services.
Web and Worker Roles and Virtual Machines
- Define the web and worker roles and virtual machines.
Requirements to Deploy Cloud Service Website
- Identify the requirements to deploy a cloud service website.
Guidelines for Implementing Azure Cloud Services
Implementing Azure Cloud Services
Implementing Mobile Services in Microsoft Azure
TOPIC B: IMPLEMENT AZURE VIRTUAL MACHINES
- Implement Azure Virtual Machines.
Azure Virtual Machines as IaaS
- Describe Azure virtual machines as an IaaS.
Multi-tier Application Support
- Describe multi-tier application support.
Azure Virtual Machines Examples
- Describe different Azure virtual machines examples.
- Define Hyper-V.
Benefits of Hyper-V in Azure Cloud Services
- Identify the benefits of Hyper-V in Azure cloud services.
Azure Virtual Networks
- Describe Azure virtual networks.
Azure Services Comparison
- Compare Azure services.
Guidelines for Implementing Azure Virtual Machines
Implementing Azure Virtual Machines
Implementing Virtual Networks
TOPIC C: MANAGE MICROSOFT AZURE CLOUD SERVICES
- Manage Microsoft Azure Cloud Services.
- Describe managing traffic.
- Define the traffic manager.
Disaster Recovery Management
- Describe the process for managing disaster recovery in Azure cloud services.
- Describe the process for managing failover in Azure cloud services.
- Describe the process for managing performance in Azure cloud services.
- Define management certificates.
- Describe the process for managing administrators in Azure cloud services.
Affinity Group Management
- Describe the process for managing affinity groups in Azure cloud services.
Guidelines for Managing Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
Managing Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
LESSON 7: MANAGING AZURE APPLICATIONS WITH VISUAL STUDIO
TOPIC A: PUBLISH APPLICATIONS TO AZURE WITH VISUAL STUDIO
- Publish an application to Azure with visual studio.
- Define Visual Studio.
Visual Studio Terminology
- Define Visual Studio terminology.
Visual Studio Solution Explorer
- Describe the Visual Studio Solution Explorer.
Visual Studio Templates
- Define Visual Studio templates.
Developer Operations with Visual Studio
- Identify the different developer operations available with Visual Studio.
Azure Profile Settings
- Identify different Azure profile settings.
Local Application Testing
- Describe local application testing.
Publication Requirements for Azure
- Identify the publication requirements for Azure.
Guidelines for Publishing Applications to Azure with Visual Studio
Publishing a Website to Azure with Visual Studio
Publishing a Local App to Azure with Visual Studio
TOPIC B: MIGRATE .NET APPLICATIONS TO AZURE WITH VISUAL STUDIO
- Migrate .NET applications to Azure with Visual Studio.
Application Migration Considerations
- Identify application migration considerations.
Azure Requirements for Migration
- Identify the Azure requirements for migration.
Local Apps and Cloud Apps
- Compare local apps and cloud apps.
Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project Conversion
- Describe the Microsoft Azure cloud service project conversion.
The ServiceConfiguration.Cloud File
- Define the ServiceConfiguration.Cloud file.
The ServiceConfiguration.Local File
- Define the ServiceConfiguration.Local file.
Service Definition Files
- Describe service definition files.
Guidelines for Migrating .NET Applications to Azure with Visual Studio
Migrating .NET Applications to Azure with Visual Studio
LESSON 8: DEPLOYING APPLICATIONS TO OPSCODE CHEF
TOPIC A: OVERVIEW OF OPSCODE CHEF
- Describe Opscode Chef.
Operational Challenges of Managing Multiple Cloud Nodes
- Identify the operational challenges of managing multiple cloud nodes.
- Define Chef.
- Define node.
- Describe the Chef service.
Chef Web Interface
- Describe the Chef web interface service.
Apache Solr Search
- Define Solr Search.
- Define CouchDB.
- Define RabbitMQ.
Components of Chef Implementations
- Describe other components used in a Chef implementation.
Chef Usage Model
- Describe the Chef usage model.
Identifying Scenarios Where Cloud Operations can benefit from Chef
TOPIC B: INSTALL THE CHEF CLIENT
- Install the Chef client.
Overview of Chef Architecture
- Describe the Chef architecture.
- Identify different nodes types.
- Describe the Chef client.
- Define Ohai.
- Define a workstation.
- Define Knife.
- Describe the Chef repo.
- Define a server.
Guidelines for Installing the Chef Client
Installing the Chef Client
TOPIC C: IMPLEMENT CHEF COOKBOOKS
- Implement Chef cookbooks.
- Define cookbooks.
- Describe different cookbook scenarios.
Node Attribute Values
- Identify node attribute values.
- Describe resource definitions.
- Describe file distributions.
- Define libraries.
- Define templates.
- Describe cookbook versions.
- Define recipes.
- Identify recipe metadata.
Guidelines for Implementing Chef Cookbooks
Implementing Chef Cookbooks
TOPIC D: MANAGE AZURE SERVICES WITH CHEF
- Manage Azure Services with Chef.
Azure Management Scenarios for Chef
- Identify different Azure management scenarios for Chef.
- Define Knife Azure.
- Identify different installation requirements.
- Identify different configuration requirements.
Azure Command Trees
- Define Azure command trees.
Guidelines for Managing Azure Services with Chef
Managing Azure Services with Chef
LESSON 9: MANAGING SERVER STATE WITH PUPPET
TOPIC A: DETERMINE HOW PUPPET CAN STREAMLINE CLOUD MANAGEMENT
- Determine how using Puppet can streamline cloud management.
Server State Management
- Describe server state management.
Change Implementation Speed
- Describe the benefits to implementation speed in cloud solutions.
- Describe the benefits of implementation consistency in cloud solutions.
- Define Puppet.
- Describe the Puppet language.
- Describe Puppet distributions.
Guidelines for Determining How Puppet Streamlines Cloud Management
Determining How Puppet Streamlines Cloud Management
TOPIC B: DEPLOY PUPPET
- Deploy Puppet.
- Describe Puppet deployments.
- Identify agent nodes.
Puppet Master Server
- Identify Puppet master servers.
- Identify Puppet console servers.
Database Support Server
- Identify database support servers.
Puppet Operating Systems Requirements
- Identify the Puppet operating systems requirements.
Guidelines for Deploying Puppet
LESSON 10: IMPLEMENTING RACKSPACE CLOUD SERVERS
TOPIC A: OVERVIEW OF OPENSTACK
- Identify OpenStack.
Need for Vendor-Agnostic Cloud Computing Standards
- Describe the need for vendor-agnostic cloud computing standards.
- Define OpenStack.
- Identify the OpenStack principles.
- Describe how OpenStack supports a hypervisor-agnostic solution.
- Describe OpenStack Compute.
OpenStack Object Storage
- Describe OpenStack object storage.
- Describe OpenStack imaging.
Rackspace as an OpenStack Solution
- Describe Rackspace as an open solution.
Topic B: Overview of Rackspace Cloud Services
- Identify Rackspace cloud services.
- Describe Rackspace Cloud.
Rackspace Cloud Service Models
- Identify the Rackspace Cloud service models.
Rackspace Compute and Network Components
- Identify the Rackspace compute and network components.
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Databases.
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Sites.
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Files.
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Backup.
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Monitoring.
- Describe Rackspace Private Cloud.
Cloud Block Storage
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Block Storage.
Example Rackspace Architecture
- Describe an example Rackspace architecture.
Identify Rackspace Components Required for a Cloud Solution
TOPIC C: DEPLOY A RACKSPACE CLOUD SERVER
- Deploy a Rackspace Cloud Server.
Rackspace Cloud Server Regions
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Server regions.
Rackspace Cloud Server OS Support
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Server OS support.
Rackspace Cloud Server SDK Support
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Server SDK support.
Rackspace Cloud Server Command Line
- Describe the Rackspace Cloud Server command line.
Rackspace Cloud Files Deployment Requirements
- Identify the Rackspace Cloud Files deployment requirements.
Guidelines for Deploying a Rackspace Cloud Server
Deploying and Configuring a Rackspace Cloud Server
TOPIC D: MANAGE RACKSPACE CLOUD SERVERS WITH CHEF
- Manage Rackspace Cloud Servers with Chef.
- Define Knife Rackspace.
- Define Gem.
Gem and OpenStack Interoperability
- Describe Gem and OpenStack interoperability.
- Identify the installations requirements for Rackspace Cloud Servers with Chef.
- Identify the configuration options for Rackspace Cloud Servers with Chef.
- Identify the subcommands for Rackspace Cloud Servers with Chef.
Guidelines for Managing Rackspace Cloud Servers with Chef
Managing Rackspace Cloud Servers with Chef
TOPIC E: MANAGE QUALITY OF SERVICE (QOS)
- Manage quality of service.
Quality of Service
- Define quality of service.
- Identify QoS frameworks.
- Define QoS Ontologies.
- Identify QoS layers.
QoS Implementation at Provider
- Describe the QoS implementation at providers.
QoS Implementation at Customer
- Describe the QoS implementation at customers.
QoS Implementation at End-User
- Describe the QoS implementation at end users.
Guidelines for Managing Quality of Service for Cloud Services
Managing Quality of Service for Cloud Services
LESSON 11: IMPORTING AND EXPORTING DATA FROM CLOUD SERVICES
TOPIC A: DETERMINE REQUIREMENTS FOR CLOUD DATA IMPORT AND EXPORT
- Determine requirements for cloud data import and export.
Role of Data Import/Export in Cloud Services
- Describe the role of data import/export in cloud services.
Common Import/Export Scenarios
- Describe common import/export scenarios.
Challenges of Data Import/Export in Cloud Service Scenarios
- Describe the challenges of data import/export in cloud service scenarios.
Off Public Network Migration Options
- Define off public network migration options.
Data Import/Export Timing Calculations Example
- Describe a data import/export timing calculations example.
Provider Import/Export Tools
- List some provider import/export tools.
Third Party Import/Export Tools
- List some third party import/export tools.
Guidelines for Determining Requirements for Cloud Data Import and Export
Determining Requirements for Cloud Data Import and Export
TOPIC B: IMPORT DATA TO AND EXPORT DATA FROM A CLOUD NETWORK
- Import data to and export data from a cloud network.
Amazon Web Services Import and Export Options
- List Amazon Web Services import and export options.
Microsoft Azure Import and Export Options
- List Microsoft Azure import and export options.
Rackspace Cloud Import and Export Options
- List Rackspace import and export options.
Rackspace Bulk Import
- Describe Rackspace Bulk Import.
Rackspace Control Panel for Import/Export
- Describe using the Rackspace Control Panel for import/export.
Rackspace CDN Import
- Describe Rackspace CDN import.
Swift Command-line Tool for Import/Export
- Describe the Swift command-line tool for import/export.
Guidelines for Importing and Exporting Data to Cloud Networks
Importing Data to Rackspace Cloud
LESSON 12: MANAGING SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE IN CLOUD SOLUTIONS
TOPIC A: SECURE CLOUD SOLUTIONS
- Secure cloud solutions.
- Define cloud security.
Impact of Cloud Security Breach
- Describe the impact of a cloud security breach.
Types of Threats to Cloud Computing Solutions
- Identify the types of threats to cloud computing solutions.
- Describe Hypervisor security.
Load Balancer Security
- Describe load balancer security.
- Describe OS security.
Other Security Concerns
- Describe other security concerns.
- Describe different security tools.
Guidelines for Securing Cloud Solutions
Securing Cloud Solutions
TOPIC B: MANAGE COMPLIANCE FOR CLOUD SOLUTIONS
- Manage compliance for cloud solutions.
Compliance Responsibilities for Providers
- Identify the compliance responsibilities for providers.
Compliance Responsibilities for Customers
- Identify the compliance responsibilities for customers.
Compliance Responsibilities for Operations Staff
- Identify the compliance responsibilities for operations staff.
- Identify important compliance regulations.
- Describe different compliance tools.
Guidelines for Managing Compliance for Cloud Solutions
Managing Compliance for Cloud Solutions
LESSON 13: PLANNING AND EXECUTING A PHASED CLOUD MIGRATION
TOPIC A: PLAN A PHASED MIGRATION
- Plan a phased migration.
Build for the Cloud or Move to the Cloud?
- Compare building for the cloud to moving to the cloud.
- Define phased migration.
Benefits of a Phased Migration
- Identify the benefits of a phased migration.
Phase 1: Cloud Assessment
- Describe the cloud assessment phase.
Phase 2: Proof of Concept
- Describe the proof of concept phase.
Phase 3: Data Migration
- Describe the data migration phase.
Phase 4: App Migration
- Describe the app migration phase.
Phase 5: Cloud Feature Implementation
- Describe the cloud feature implementation phase.
Phase 6: Optimizing
- Describe the optimizing phase.
Guidelines for Planning a Phased Migration
Planning a Phased Migration
TOPIC B: EXECUTE PHASE 1: CLOUD ASSESSMENT
- Assess cloud migration.
- Describe a financial assessment.
Security and Compliance Assessment
- Describe a security and compliance assessment.
Provider Specific Security and Compliance Issues
- Identify provider specific security and compliance issues.
Technical and Functional Assessment
- Describe a technical and functional assessment.
- Define the dependency tree.
- Define a classification chart.
Cloud Candidate Identification
- Describe cloud candidate identification.
Identify Tools for Reuse
- Identify tools that can be reused.
License Product Migration Issues
- Identify license product migration issues.
Success Criteria Definition
- Describe the success criteria definition.
- Describe roadmap creation.
Guidelines for Assessing Cloud Migration
Assessing Cloud Migration
TOPIC C: EXECUTE PHASE 2: DEPLOY A PROOF OF CONCEPT ON AMAZON WEB SERVICES
- Deploy a proof of concept on Amazon Web Services.
Provider and Platform Familiarization
- Describe getting familiar with providers and platforms.
AWS Availability and Management Building Blocks
- Identify the AWS availability and management building blocks.
AWS Cross Cloud Service Features
- Identify the AWS cross cloud service features.
AWS Platform Building Blocks
- Identify the AWS platform building blocks.
AWS Infrastructure Building Blocks
- Identify the AWS infrastructure building blocks.
AWS Network and Compute Components
- Identify the AWS network and compute components.
AWS Database Services
- Identify the AWS database services.
AWS Storage and Content Delivery
- Describe AWS storage and content delivery.
AWS Performance Monitoring
- Describe AWS performance monitoring.
Proof of Concept Deployment
- Describe the proof of concept deployment.
Guidelines for Deploying a Proof of Concept Application on AWS
Deploying a Proof of Concept Application on AWS
TOPIC D: EXECUTE PHASE 3: DATA MIGRATION
- Migrate data to Amazon Web Services.
- Describe the storage options.
- Describe the database options.
File Server Migration
- Define file server migration.
- Define backup migration.
MySQL Database Migration
- Define MySQL database migration.
Commercial Database Migration
- Define commercial database migration.
Large Data Migrations
- Describe large data migrations.
Guidelines for Migrating Data to Amazon Web Services
Migrating Data to Amazon Web Services
TOPIC E: EXECUTE PHASE 4: APPLICATION MIGRATION
- Migrate applications to the cloud.
Key Application Migration Question: Move in Phases or all at Once?
- Determine whether to move in phases or all at once.
Forklift Migration Strategy
- Define the forklift migration strategy.
Hybrid Migration Strategy
- Define the hybrid migration strategy.
Amazon Machine Image (AMI)
- Define Amazon Machine Image.
AMI Creation and Configuration
- Describe AMI creation and configuration.
Guidelines for Migrating Applications to the Cloud
Migrating Applications to the Cloud
TOPIC F: EXECUTE PHASE 5: IMPLEMENT CLOUD FEATURES
- Implement cloud features.
- Describe scalability of cloud features.
- Describe elasticity of cloud features.
- Describe high availability for cloud features.
- Describe the automation of cloud features.
- Describe security for cloud features.
- Describe the business continuity aspects of cloud features.
Guidelines for Implementing Cloud Features
Implementing Cloud Features
TOPIC G: EXECUTE PHASE 6: OPTIMIZE CLOUD IMPLEMENTATIONS
- Optimize cloud implementations.
- Define usage patterns.
- Describe resource optimization.
- Describe efficiency improvements.
Management and Maintenance
- Describe management and maintenance.
- Describe application re-engineering.
Relational Database Decomposition
- Describe relational database decomposition.
Guidelines for Optimizing Cloud Implementations
Optimizing Cloud Implementations
This course is designed for system administrators or prospective system administrators who have one year of experience working with Windows Server or other server platforms and who want to develop their evaluation, selection, and implementation skills for cloud services, including Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions, Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions, and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions that target businesses of all sizes.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic client and server deployment, configuration, and use. This includes configuring network connectivity, configuring server and client communications, installing Windows or Linux servers, using administrative tools, configuring system properties, and configuring networking settings. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations course:
CompTIA® Network +® (Exam N10-006)
In addition, experience in the administration of specific operating system technologies may be helpful, including any or all of the following Logical Operations courses:
CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI (Exams LX0-103 and LX0-104)
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2: Installation and Configuration (Exam 70-410)
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2: Administration (Exam 70-411)
In this course, you will manage the core set of cloud technologies needed to function as a Certified Cloud Master. You will:
- Identify the benefits of cloud computing.
- Select end-user cloud technologies.
- Support the business case for cloud computing.
- Apply cloud computing models.
- Integrate cloud services.
- Select and implement free SaaS solutions.
- Select and implement paid SaaS solutions.
- Select SaaS solutions for medium to enterprise businesses.
- Integrate SaaS solutions.
- Select PaaS solutions.
- Select IaaS solutions.
LESSON 1: IDENTIFYING BUSINESS BENEFITS OF CLOUD COMPUTING
TOPIC A: CLOUD COMPUTING MODELS FOR BUSINESS NEEDS
Describe the core concepts of cloud computing
Identify the terminology used in cloud computing.
Identify core concepts used in cloud computing.
On Demand Self Service
Describe on demand self service.
Describe resource pooling.
Identify what rapid elasticity is.
Describe measured services.
Broad Network Access
Identify broad network access.
Evolution of Business Models Similar to Cloud Computing
Describe business models that have evolved in ways that are similar to cloud computing.
Guidelines for Applying Cloud Computing Models to Business Needs
Applying Cloud Computing Models to Business Needs
TOPIC B: ANALYZE BUSINESS TRENDS IN CLOUD COMPUTING
Analyze the business trends in cloud computing.
Technologies that Support Cloud Computing
Describe technologies that support cloud computing.
Identify virtualization technologies.
Describe the grid computing technologies.
Describe the self-service technologies.
Describe policy based scaling.
Pay Per Use
Describe paying per use.
IT Expense Off-Loading
Identify off-loading IT expenses.
Guidelines for Analyzing Trends the Make Cloud Computing Desirable
Analyzing Trends that Make Cloud Computing Desirable
TOPIC C: EVALUATE CLOUD SERVICE MODELS
Evaluate common cloud service models for business needs.
Key Services Models
Identify what the key service modules are.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
Describe software as a service.
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Describe platform as a service.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Describe infrastructure as a service.
Cloud Service Providers
Identify well known cloud service providers.
Guidelines for Evaluating the Type of Cloud Service Model Required
Evaluating the Type of Cloud Service Model Required
TOPIC D: EVALUATE CLOUD IMPLEMENTATIONS
Evaluate available cloud implementations to meet business needs
Overview of Cloud Implementations
Describe the different cloud implementations.
Identify the public cloud implementation.
Public Cloud Examples
Describe examples of the public cloud implementation.
Management in Public Cloud Scenarios
Identify management options in public cloud implementations.
Identify the private cloud implementation.
Private Cloud Examples
Describe examples of the private cloud implementation.
Identify the hybrid cloud implementation.
Hybrid Cloud Examples
Describe examples of the hybrid cloud implementation.
Guidelines for Evaluating Cloud Implementation Options to Meet Business Requirements
Evaluating Cloud Implementation Options to Meet Business Requirements
TOPIC E: IDENTIFY EMERGING TRENDS IN CLOUD
Identify the emerging trends in cloud that affect business requirements.
Evolution in Cloud Computing Needs and Markets
Describe the evolution in cloud computing needs and markets.
Identify the big data trend.
Big Data Analysis and Analytics
Identify the big data analysis and analytics trends.
Graphics as a Service
Describe the graphics as a service trend.
Identify the mobile trend.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Describe the BYOD trend.
Guidelines for Evaluating Emerging Cloud Computing Trends
Evaluating Emerging Cloud Computing Trends
LESSON 2: SELECTING END-USER CLOUD TECHNOLOGIES
TOPIC A: SELECT NATIVE APPLICATIONS
Select native applications for use as end user cloud technology.
Applications or Apps
Describe what applications are and how they fit in the cloud.
Application Options Available to End-Users
Identify the application options available to end-users.
Describe native apps and their characteristics.
Cloud Connection to Native Apps
Identify the cloud connection to native apps.
Common Native App Examples
Describe examples of native apps.
Guidelines for Selecting Native Applications for Cloud Solutions
Selecting Native Applications for Cloud Solutions
TOPIC B: SELECT WEB APPLICATIONS
Select web applications for use as end-user cloud technology.
Describe what web applications are and how they fit in the cloud.
Client Side and Server Side Processing
Compare client side and server side processing.
Common Web App Components
Describe the common web app components.
Cloud Connection to Web Apps
Identify the cloud connection to native apps.
Web App Examples
Describe examples of web apps.
Native Apps and Web Apps Comparison
Compare native apps and web apps.
Guidelines for Selecting Web Applications for Cloud Solutions
Selecting Web Applications for Cloud Solutions
LESSON 3: SUPPORTING THE BUSINESS CASE FOR CLOUD COMPUTING
TOPIC A: BUSINESS BENEFITS AND CONCERNS
Balance the business benefits and concerns when selecting cloud computing services.
Cloud Service Models
Describe the different cloud service models.
Describe the fast deployments of all models.
Describe outsourced management.
Identify how cloud computing can reduce costs.
Identify the elasticity of cloud computing.
Business User Concerns
Describe the potential concerns of business users.
Describe the issues related to Vendor lock-in in cloud adoption scenarios
Guidelines for Selecting Cloud Services
Balancing Cloud Benefits and Concerns When Selecting Cloud Services
TOPIC B: PROVIDER BENEFITS AND CHALLENGES
Identify the provider benefits and challenges of cloud computing.
Economies of Scale
Describe economics of scale and how it helps lower costs.
Fast Customer Acquisition and Short Sales Cycle
Describe how the cloud computing sales cycle is different from traditional software.
Optimization Across Customers
Identify how providers optimize service for customers.
Cloud Benefits for Big Data Scenarios
Describe the cloud benefits for big data scenarios.
Challenges for Cloud Providers
Identify the challenges that cloud providers face.
Evaluating how Cloud Providers Address Challenges
TOPIC C: EVALUATE CLOUD DEPLOYMENT OPTIONS
Evaluate cloud deployment options.
Identify the different cloud utilization options.
Describe load and peak load.
Provisioning Requirements for Applications
Describe the provisioning requirements for applications.
Risks Associated with Over- or Under Provisioning
Identify the risks with over and under provisioning.
Cloud and On-premises Cost Comparison
Describe the difference in cost between cloud and on premises.
Economy of Scale
Define the economy of scale.
Cloud Provider Advantages
Identify the advantages of cloud providers.
Cost Comparison due to Economy of Scale in the Cloud
Identify the static versus variable costs.
Cloud Cost Associativity
Describe cloud cost associativity.
Advantages for Customers
Describe the advantages for customers.
Guidelines for Evaluating Applications for Deployment to the Cloud
Evaluating Cloud Deployment Options
LESSON 4: APPLYING CLOUD COMPUTING MODELS
TOPIC A: APPLYING CLOUD MODELS AT THE PROVIDER
Evaluate cloud services available in different cloud models.
Describe service types used.
Multitenancy in Public Cloud Scenarios
Describe multitenancy in public cloud scenarios.
Multitenancy in Private Cloud Scenarios
Describe multitenancy in private cloud scenarios.
Identify the different access interfaces.
Guidelines for Evaluating Public and Private Cloud Options
Evaluating Public and Private Cloud Options
TOPIC B: IMPLEMENT CLOUD MODELS AT THE CUSTOMER
Implement cloud service model at the customer.
Identify who might use each type of service.
Remote Access to Cloud Services
Describe remote access to cloud services.
Application and Data Access
Describe access to applications and data.
Describe application updates.
Identify infrastructure management for cloud.
Cloud Model Application
Describe cloud model application.
Cloud Model Application Scenarios
Describe cloud model application scenarios.
Guidelines for Implementing Cloud Models
Implementing Cloud Models
TOPIC C: ADDRESS CHALLENGES IN CLOUD IMPLEMENTATIONS
Address challenges in cloud implementations.
Common Challenges in Cloud Implementations
Describe the common challenges in cloud model implementations.
Identify security items for cloud model implementations.
Security Response: Security Property Control
Describe the security property control.
Security Response: Provider Compliance
Describe provider compliance.
Security Response: Cryptography
Identify the challenges of availability.
Identify data transfer challenges.
Lock-in Issues and Responses
Describe the lock-in issues and responses.
Guidelines for Addressing Challenges for Cloud Implementations
Addressing Challenges for Cloud Implementations
LESSON 5: INTEGRATING CLOUD SERVICES
TOPIC A: PLAN DOMAIN NAME INTEGRATION WITH CLOUD SERVICES
Plan to integrate domain names with cloud services for seamless access and connectivity.
Overview of Cloud Services Integration
Describe the process of integrating cloud services.
Online Access Fundamentals
Identify the key components to being available online.
Domain Name and Domain Name Service (DNS) Fundamentals
Describe how domain name sand DNS name resolution works.
DNS Records that Provide Access to Common Services
Describe DNS records that provide access to services.
Other Elements Required for Online Access
Identify other elements required for online access.
Guidelines for Planning Domain Integration with Cloud Services
Planning Domain Integration with Cloud Services
TOPIC B: IMPLEMENT CLOUD SERVICE ACCESS
Implement cloud service access in your domain.
Name Resolution for Online Access to Cloud Services
Describe the process of name resolution for cloud services.
Name Resolution for Online Access to Hybrid Services
Describe the process of name resolution for hybrid services.
Internal Access to Cloud Services
Describe internal access to cloud services.
External Access to Cloud Services
Describe external access to cloud services.
Domain Name Considerations when Integrating Cloud Services
Identify domain name considerations when integrating cloud services.
DNS Considerations when Integrating Cloud Services
Identify DNS considerations when integrating cloud services.
Guidelines for Implementing Cloud Service Access in Your Domain
Implementing Cloud Service Access in Your Domain
LESSON 6: SELECTING AND IMPLEMENTING FREE SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE (SAAS) SOLUTIONS
TOPIC A: SELECT SAAS FOR PERSONAL USE
Select SaaS for personal use.
Personal and Corporate SaaS Use
List the different items that brands and individuals need
Identify the different SaaS models.
Mobile Device Effect on Cloud Services
Describe how mobile devices have affected cloud services.
SaaS Productivity and Collaboration Software
Identify the different types of software used for productivity and collaboration.
Identify the requirements for SaaS.
Benefits of Cloud Identity
Describe the benefits of cloud identity.
Cloud Application State Preservation
Define cloud application state preservation.
Cloud Application Processing
Describe cloud application processing.
Guidelines for Selecting Free SaaS Solutions
Selecting Free SaaS Solutions
TOPIC B: IMPLEMENT A FREE SAAS SOLUTION
Implement a free SaaS solution.
Considerations for Selecting a SaaS Provider
Consider how to select a SaaS provider.
Define google docs as an example of SaaS.
Google Docs Limitations
Describe the limitations of google docs.
Guidelines for Selecting SaaS Products and Vendors
Selecting Productivity Software
Identification of Implementation Requirements
Identify the implementation requirements of google docs.
Cloud ID Requirement: Google Account
Describe the google account cloud id requirement.
Guidelines for Implementing Free SaaS Solutions
Implementing and Collaborating with Google Docs
LESSON 7: SELECTING AND IMPLEMENTING A PAID SAAS SOLUTION
TOPIC A: IDENTIFY CORPORATE SAAS REQUIREMENTS
Identify corporate requirements for SaaS solutions.
Corporate SaaS Needs
Identify the corporate needs for SaaS.
SaaS User Types in a Corporate Deployment
Identify the SaaS user types in corporate deployment.
Describe domain mapping.
Describe integrating authentication.
Policies and Control
Identify the policies and control.
Mobile and Client Sync
Describe syncing for mobile devices and clients.
Guidelines for Identifying Corporate SaaS Requirements
Identifying Requirements for Corporate SaaS Solutions
TOPIC B: SELECT A PAID SAAS SOLUTION
Select a paid SaaS solution.
Overview of Paid SaaS Solutions
Describe when and why you would select a paid SaaS solution.
Describe the Office 365 service.
Identify the different application types.
Describe mobile access for paid SaaS solutions.
End User Applications
Describe different end user applications.
Office Professional Plus
Describe Office Professional plus.
Identify different back end applications.
Describe Exchange Online.
Describe SharePoint Online.
Describe Lync Online.
Guidelines for Selecting Paid SaaS Solutions
Selecting a Paid SaaS Solution
TOPIC C: IMPLEMENT A PAID SAAS SOLUTION
Implement a paid SaaS solution.
Plan Implementation for Paid SaaS Solutions
Describe the process of implementing a paid SaaS solution.
Key Preparation Tasks
Identify the tasks to prepare for implementing a SaaS solution.
Describe the different implementation roles.
Identify the different implementation phases.
Guidelines for Implementing Paid SaaS Solutions
Planning, Implementing, and Testing a Paid SaaS Solution
LESSON 8: SELECTING SAAS SOLUTIONS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
TOPIC A: SELECT SAAS ACCOUNTING SOLUTIONS
Select SaaS accounting solutions.
Define accounting software.
Traditional and Cloud Accounting Solutions
Compare traditional versus cloud accounting solutions.
Traditional Back-End Services Coupled with Accounting Software
Describe traditional back-end services coupled with accounting software.
Benefits of Accounting SaaS
Identify the benefits of accounting SaaS.
Key Evaluation Criteria for Accounting Solutions
Identify the key evaluation criteria for accounting solutions.
Accounting SaaS Providers
Identify different account SaaS providers.
FreshBooks SaaS Accounting Solution
Describe the FreshBooks SaaS accounting solution.
Guidelines for Selecting SaaS Accounting Solutions
Registering for FreshBooks
TOPIC B: SELECT SAAS STORAGE SOLUTIONS
Select SaaS storage solutions.
Traditional Storage Solutions for Businesses
Describe traditional storage solutions for businesses.
Identify different storage issues.
Online Storage Solutions
Identify different online storage solutions.
Benefits for Online Storage Solutions
Identify the benefits of online storage solutions.
Version Control for Files and Projects
Describe version control for files and projects.
Traditional Version Control Solutions
Identify traditional version control solutions.
Benefits of Version Control SaaS
Describe the benefits of version control SaaS.
GitHub SaaS Solution
Define the GitHub SaaS solution.
Key Criteria for Selecting Storage Solutions
Identify the key evaluation criteria for storage solutions.
Guidelines for Selecting SaaS Storage Solutions
Selecting SaaS Storage Solutions
TOPIC C: SELECT SAAS PROJECT MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
Select SaaS project management solutions.
Traditional Project Management Software
Describe different traditional project management software.
Benefits for SaaS Project Management Solutions
Identify the benefits of SaaS project management solutions.
Project Management SaaS Vendors
Identify different project management SaaS versions.
Key Criteria for Selecting Project Management SaaS Solutions
Identify the key criteria for evaluating project management solutions.
Guidelines for Selecting SaaS Project Management Solutions
Selecting SaaS Project Management Solutions
TOPIC D: SELECT OTHER SMALL BUSINESS SAAS SOLUTIONS
Select other small business SaaS solutions.
Identify different productivity SaaS solutions.
Document Signing and Verification Solutions
Identify different document signing and verification SaaS solutions.
Small Business Management Solutions
Identify different small business management SaaS solutions.
Guidelines for Selecting SaaS Solutions for Small Business
Selecting Video Encoding Software
LESSON 9: SELECTING SAAS SOLUTIONS FOR MEDIUM-SIZED TO ENTERPRISE BUSINESSES
TOPIC A: SELECT SAAS CRM SOLUTIONS
Select CRM SaaS solutions.
Identify the different CRM solutions.
Cloud Benefits for CRM Solutions
Describe the cloud benefits for CRM solutions.
Cloud CRM Providers
Identify the cloud CRM providers.
Salesforce Suite of SaaS Solutions
Describe the Salesforce suite of SaaS solutions.
Key Criteria for Selecting CRM SaaS Solutions
Identify the key criteria for selecting CRM SaaS solutions for medium and enterprise businesses.
Guidelines for Selecting SaaS CRM Solutions
Selecting a SaaS CRM Solution
TOPIC B: SELECT SAAS MARKETING SOLUTIONS
Select SaaS marketing solutions.
Overview of Marketing Solutions
Describe different marketing SaaS solutions.
Social Media Management Tools
Identify social media management tools.
Social Media Management SaaS Providers
Identify social media management SaaS providers.
Describe SaaS analytics tools.
SaaS Analytics Tools Providers
Identify SaaS analytics tools providers.
Marketing Automation SaaS Software
Describe marketing automation SaaS software.
Marketing Automation SaaS Providers
Identify marketing automation SaaS providers.
Key Criteria for Selecting SaaS Marketing Solutions
Identify the key criteria for selecting SaaS marketing solutions for medium and enterprise businesses.
Guidelines for Selecting SaaS Marketing Solutions
Selecting SaaS Marketing Solutions
TOPIC C: SELECT SAAS ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING SOLUTIONS
Select SaaS Enterprise resource planning solutions.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software
Define enterprise resource planning software.
Traditional ERP Solutions
Identify traditional ERP solutions.
Cloud Benefits for ERP Solutions
Describe the cloud benefits of ERP solutions.
Cloud ERP SaaS Vendors
Identify the cloud ERP SaaS vendors.
Define NetSuite ERP.
Key Criteria for Selecting SaaS ERP Solutions
Identify the key criteria for selecting SaaS ERP solutions for medium and enterprise businesses.
Guidelines for Selecting SaaS ERP Solutions
Selecting SaaS ERP Solutions
LESSON 10: INTEGRATING SAAS SOLUTIONS
TOPIC A: DETERMINE BUSINESS NEEDS FOR SAAS INTEGRATION
Determine the business needs for SaaS integration.
Traditional Integration Model
Describe the traditional integration model.
Integration in SaaS Model
Describe integration in the SaaS model.
Define software integration.
Define data integration.
Authentication and User Update Integration
Describe authentication and user update integration.
Automated and Manual Integration
Identify the difference between automated and manual integration.
Guidelines for Determining Integration Needs for SaaS Software
Determining Integration Needs for SaaS Software
TOPIC B: INTEGRATE SAAS SOLUTIONS
Integrate SaaS software solutions.
Common SaaS Integration Points
Identify the common SaaS integration points.
Identify different storage options.
Identify different data access options.
Describe additional needs for SaaS integration.
Additional Potential Infrastructure Requirements
List additional infrastructure requirements.
Guidelines for Integrating SaaS Solutions
Integrating SaaS Solutions
LESSON 11: SELECTING PLATFORM AS A SERVICE (PAAS) SOLUTIONS
TOPIC A: CLASSIFY PAAS SOLUTION BENEFITS
Classify the benefits of SaaS solutions for businesses in different application deployment scenarios.
PaaS and SaaS
Compare PaaS to SaaS.
Types of PaaS
Identify different types of PaaS.
Benefits of PaaS for Application Deployment
Describe the benefits of PaaS for application deployment.
PaaS Usage Scenarios
List different PaaS usage scenarios.
Guidelines for Classifying the Benefits of PaaS Solutions
Classifying the Benefits of a PaaS Solutions
TOPIC B: SELECT PAAS SOLUTIONS FOR SMALL BUSINESS
Select PaaS solutions for small business.
Common PaaS Solutions for Small Businesses
Identify common PaaS solution for small businesses.
Developer Technology Requirements for PaaS Solutions
Identify the developer technology requirements for PaaS Solutions.
Administration Requirements for Small Business PaaS Solutions
Identify the administration requirements for small business PaaS Solutions.
Support Requirements for Small Business PaaS Solutions
Identify the support requirements for small business PaaS Solutions.
Common PaaS Solution Providers for Small Business
Describe the common PaaS providers for small business.
WordPress as a PaaS Solution
Define WordPress as a PaaS solution.
Key Criteria for Evaluating PaaS Solutions for Small Business
Identify the key criteria for evaluating PaaS solutions for small businesses.
Guidelines for Selecting PaaS Solutions for Small Business
Selecting PaaS Solutions for Small Business
Setting up WordPress
TOPIC C: SELECT PAAS SOLUTIONS FOR MEDIUM AND ENTERPRISE BUSINESSES
Selecting a PaaS solution for medium and enterprise businesses.
Common PaaS Solutions for Medium and Enterprise Businesses
Identify common PaaS solutions for medium and enterprise businesses.
Administration Requirements for Medium and Enterprise PaaS Solutions
Identify the administration requirements for medium and enterprise PaaS solutions.
Support Requirements for Medium and Enterprise PaaS Solutions
Identify the support requirements for medium and enterprise PaaS solutions.
Common PaaS Solution Providers for Medium and Enterprise Businesses
Identify the PaaS solution providers for medium and enterprise businesses.
Drupal as a Technology
Drupal Gardens as a PaaS Solution
Describe drupal gardens as a PaaS solution.
Key Criteria for Evaluating PaaS Solutions for Medium and Enterprise Businesses
Identify the key criteria for evaluating PaaS solutions for medium and enterprise businesses.
Guidelines for Selecting PaaS Solutions for Medium and Enterprise Businesses
Evaluating PaaS Solutions for Medium and Enterprise Businesses
Setting up Drupal Gardens
LESSON 12: SELECTING INFRASTRUCTURE AS A SERVICE (IAAS) SOLUTIONS
TOPIC A: COMPARE IAAS TO TRADITIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTIONS
Classify IaaS benefits for business infrastructure needs.
IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS Comparison
Compare IaaS to PaaS and SaaS.
Benefits of IaaS for Businesses
Describe the benefits of IaaS for businesses.
IaaS Usage Scenarios
Identify IaaS usage scenarios.
IaaS as Providing Ultimate Flexibility for Business
Describe how IaaS provides flexibility for businesses.
Guidelines for Comparing IaaS to Traditional Infrastructure Solutions
Comparing IaaS to Traditional Infrastructure Solutions
TOPIC B: COMPARE IAAS PROVIDERS
Evaluate features and components of major IaaS providers.
Computer and Network Infrastructure Components
Describe common computer and network infrastructure components available from IaaS providers.
Describe common database components available from IaaS providers.
Storage and Content Delivery
Describe common storage and content delivery components available from IaaS providers.
Analytics and Measurement Options
Describe analytics and measurement options.
Amazon Web Services
Describe common IaaS service features offered in AWS.
Describe common IaaS service features offered in Rackspace Cloud.
Describe common IaaS service features offered in Microsoft Azure.
Other Cloud Providers
Identify other well-known cloud providers.
Building Blocks Map
Describe the building blocks that make up an IaaS solution.
Example Deployment: OpenStack Red Hat
Describe what a deployment using OpenStack Red Hat looks like.
Example Architecture: AWS
Describe an example architecture of Amazon Web Services
Guidelines for Comparing IaaS Providers
Comparing IaaS Providers to Meet Business Needs
TOPIC C: SELECT AN IAAS SOLUTION
Select an IaaS solution.
Business Needs that Warrant IaaS
Identify business needs that would warrant using IaaS to address them.
Provider Administration in IaaS Scenarios
Describe provider administration in IaaS scenarios.
Administrative Requirements for IaaS Solutions
Describe the administrative requirements for IaaS solutions.
Identify different IaaS providers.
RightScale as an IaaS Solution
Describe using RightScale as an IaaS solution.
Key Criteria for Evaluating IaaS Solutions
Identify the key criteria for evaluating IaaS solutions.
Guidelines for Selecting IaaS Solutions
Selecting IaaS Solutions