This hands-on training course builds your skills with VMware® vCenter Configuration Manager™ (VCM). It will provide you with the knowledge and skills to install and configure VCM, navigate the user interface, manage compliance, and perform administrative and configuration tasks against your virtual infrastructure. This course is 60 percent lecture and 40 percent hands-on labs.
- Virtual infrastructure administrator
- IT managers
- Experience in performing basic administration tasks on VMware vSphere® ESXi™ hosts, VMware® vCenter Server™, VMware vCloud® Director™, VMware® vShield™, and virtual machines
- System administration experience in a Windows, Linux, or Solaris environment
By the end of the course, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand the position of vCenter Configuration Manager in the VMware® management solution set.
- Recognize the role of vCenter Configuration Manager in enterprise configuration and change and compliance management.
- Use the vCenter Configuration Manager console to configure vCenter Configuration Manager for management of VMware® vSphere® systems.
- Navigate the vCenter Configuration Manager console.
- Collect data from vSphere systems from the vCenter Configuration Manager console.
- Manage vSphere system compliance with vCenter Configuration Manager.
- Generate reports in vCenter Configuration Manager.
- Create custom reports in the vCenter Configuration Manager console.
- Perform vCenter Configuration Manager administration tasks to manage itssetup and collection of data, user access, jobs, and alerts.
- Discuss the installation options for vCenter Configuration Manager and perform a basic installation.
- Identify changes in the VMware® vCenter™ Operations Management Suite™ including new products and packaging in a high-level overview.
- Articulate the use case for the new integration with VMware® vCenter™ Operations Manager™ to maintain a compliant infrastructure.
- Learn about the improvements in change log and report management.
DETAILED COURSE OUTLINE
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- VCM overview
Module 2: Configuration, Compliance, and Change Management
- Provide a high-level overview of VCM and its position in the VMware management solution set
- Discuss some of the common challenges customers face in IT configuration, compliance, and change management
- Describe the key features of VCM and how they benefit IT departments managing configuration, compliance, and change
Module 3: Components and Processes
- Understand the system architecture
- Describe and discuss the CARMA concept
Module 4: Configuration for Virtual Infrastructure Systems
- Identify and use VCM user interface components
- Describe and configure management agents
- Add and configure settings for vCenter Server, vCloud Director, and vShield systems
- License vSphere systems
- Collect data from vSphere systems
- Manage certificates
- Set up an alternative Managing Agent machine
Module 5: Using the Upper Console
- View dashboards
- View and manage alerts
- Change management in the virtual infrastructure
- Use the Virtual Infrastructure node
Module 6: VMware vSphere System Compliance Management
- Describe compliance analysis
- Create a rule group
- Create a rule group filter
- Create a rule group compliance condition
- Create and run a compliance template
Module 7: Working with Reports
- List vSphere system–related reports available in VCM
- Generate custom reports with the Report wizard
- Manage reports
Module 8: Basic Settings and Configuration
- Work with general settings
- Configure settings for integration with VMware® vCenter™ Operations Manager™ and the VMware vSphere® Client™ VCM plug-in
- Configure virtualization settings
Module 9: Creating Collection Filters
- Describe collection filters
- Create collection filters
- Create collection filter sets and collection filter set groups
Module 10: User and Role Management
- Discuss how VCM access is controlled by access rules and roles
- Create access rules and use them in a role
- Manage access rules and roles
- Add and manage VCM logins
Module 11: Job Management
- Describe the function of the Job Manager
- View a running job
- Add a job
- Schedule a job
- Edit a job
Module 12: Alert Management
- Add an alert rule
- Discuss and input alert configuration
Module 13: Using the Content Wizard
- Describe the Content wizard
- Import and use imported templates
Module 14: Using the Import/Export Utility
- Describe the Import/Export utility
- Discuss where the Import/Export utility is used
Module 15: Using the Debug Event Viewer
- Discuss how the Debug Event Viewer works
- Describe how to filter events
Module 16: Installing VMware vCenter Configuration Manager
- Architecture (single-tier or multitier)
- Understand and meet preinstallation requirements
- Install vCenter Operations Manager
- Configure VCM to gather data from its environment
Module A – VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite Update
- Discuss the VMware management suite solution and products
- List the key components and capabilities of the vCenter Operations Management Suite
- Describe the main features available in each of the vCenter Operations Management Suite products and editions
Module B – VMware vCenter Configuration Manager v5.6 Changes
- Discuss changes in configuration of machine groups
- Identify new features in managing changes and compliance in the virtual infrastructure
- Learn about improvements in the internationalization of vCenter Configuration Manager
- Generate new reports for the virtual infrastructure
Module C – Integration with Other Products
- Identify use cases for integration of additional vCenter Operations Management Suite products
- Discuss integration with vCenter Operations Manager for group management
- Learn about new dashboard badges in vCenter Operations Manager
For more information about HP training programs in Ukraine visit the web site at http://www8.hp.com/ua/ru/training/index.html
For whom it is intended:
- IT Manager
- System administrator
- System engineer
To pre-register for courses or clarify information, please call: +380 44 230 34 74