This course is designed for system administrators or cloud technologists who wish to further develop their skills for evaluating, deploying, and administering cloud services. This includes evaluating and selecting Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions and deploying applications to the cloud, as well as maintaining, securing, and optimizing cloud solutions to achieve the best Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return on Investment (ROI).
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic network and server administration, as well as a strong understanding of cloud technologies. In addition, you should be familiar with evaluating, selecting, and implementing Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
NCTA Cloud Technologies
In this course, you will deploy, configure, and administer Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions as needed to function as a Certified Cloud Master. You will:
- Describe cloud operations.
- Plan cloud services Implementation.
- Deploy a cloud application with Digital Ocean.
- Deploy a cloud application with Heroku.
- Deploy websites with Microsoft Azure.
- Implement Azure Cloud Services and virtual machines.
- Manage Azure applications with Visual Studio.
- Deploy applications to Opscode Chef.
- Manage server state with Puppet.
- Implement Rackspace Cloud Servers.
- Import and export data from cloud services.
- Manage security and compliance in cloud solutions.
- Plan and execute a phased cloud migration.
LESSON 1: CLOUD OPERATIONS
TOPIC A: OVERVIEW OF CLOUD COMPUTING SOLUTIONS
Identify the core concepts of cloud computing.
Identify the terminology used in cloud computing.
Operations Core Concepts
Identify core concepts used in cloud computing.
Business Trends in Cloud Computing
Describe business trends in cloud computing.
Emerging Trends in Cloud Computing
Describe emerging trends in cloud computing.
Key IT Roles in Cloud Computing
Identify key IT roles in cloud computing.
Identifying Key Components of Cloud Computing Solutions
TOPIC B: CLOUD SOLUTION OPERATIONAL BENEFITS AND CHALLENGES
- Identify the operational benefits and challenges of cloud computing solutions.
Key Service Models for Operations
- Identify what the key service models are.
Overview of Cloud Implementations for Operations
- Describe the different cloud implementations.
Cloud Computing Technologies Compared to Traditional Network Models
- Describe cloud computing technologies compared to traditional network models.
Operational Benefits of Cloud Computing
- Describe the benefits of cloud computing.
Operational Challenges: Integration between Cloud and On-Premises
- Identify the operational challenges of integration between cloud and on-premises.
Operational Challenges: Security, Privacy, and Compliance
- Identify the operational challenges of security, privacy, and compliance.
Operational Challenges: Managing Provider Contract, Services, and Agreements
- Identify the operational challenges of managing provider contract, services, and agreements.
Operational Challenges: Optimizing Performance
- Identify the operational challenges of optimizing performance.
Identifying Operational Benefits and Challenges in Cloud Computing Environments
TOPIC C: REQUIREMENTS FOR CLOUD SERVICE ADMINISTRATION
- Identify requirements for cloud service administration
Role of Cloud Administrators
- Describe the role of cloud administrators.
IT Administration in Cloud Environments
- Describe IT administration in cloud environments.
Cloud Service Solution Complexity
- Describe cloud service solution complexity.
Knowledge of Leading Cloud Service Providers
- Identify the leading cloud service providers.
Knowledge of Database Operations
- Describe database operations.
Knowledge of Developer Operations
- Describe developer operations.
Administration of Developer Operations
- Describe the administration of developer operations.
Cloud Administrator Tasks
- Identify the tasks commonly performed by cloud administrators.
IT Responsibilities of Cloud Administrators
- Identify the IT responsibilities of cloud administrators.
Business Responsibilities of Cloud Administrators
- Identify the business responsibilities of cloud administrators.
Costs of Goods Sold (COGS)
- Define the costs of goods sold.
Identifying Requirements for Cloud Service Administration
LESSON 2: PLANNING CLOUD SERVICE IMPLEMENTATION
TOPIC A: DETERMINE HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND NETWORK REQUIREMENTS
- Determine hardware, software and network, requirements for cloud service implementations.
- Define deployment planning.
- Identify hardware requirements.
- Identify software requirements.
- Identify migration requirements.
Ongoing Management and Upgrade Cycle Requirements
- Identify ongoing management and upgrade cycle requirements.
Back up and Rollback Requirements
- Identify back up and rollback requirements.
- Identify growth requirements.
- Identify configuration requirements.
Geographical Footprint and Network Topology
- Describe geographical footprint and network topology.
Cloud Provider Deployment Tools
- Identify different cloud provider deployment tools.
Cloud Provider Pricing
- Describe cloud provider pricing.
Guidelines for Determining Hardware, Software, and Network Requirements
Determining Hardware, Software, and Network Requirements
Determining Cloud Provider Deployment Tools to Use
TOPIC B: ASSESS RISKS OF A CLOUD DEPLOYMENT
- Assess the risks of a cloud deployment.
Risk Assessment of Cloud Service Providers
- Describe a risk assessment of cloud service providers.
Provider Service Level Agreements
- Define provider service level agreements.
- Describe cloud availability.
Mean Time To Failure (MTTF)
- Define mean time to failure.
Mean Time to Diagnose (MTTD)
- Define mean time to diagnose.
Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Define mean time to repair.
Mean Time between Failures (MTBF)
- Define mean time between failures.
Guidelines for Assessing Risks of a Cloud Deployment
Assessing Risks of a Cloud Deployment
TOPIC C: COORDINATE WITH END-USERS AND BUSINESS STAKEHOLDERS
- Coordinate with end-users and business stakeholders.
End-User Information Requirements
- Identify end-user information requirements.
- Define user roles.
- Define user data.
- Define user permissions.
- Identify the application needs of end users and business stakeholders.
Quality of Service Needs
- Identify the quality of service needs for end users and business stakeholders.
Coordination with Business Stakeholders
- Describe ways to coordinate with business stakeholders.
Incident Management and Issue Tracking
- Determine measures for incident management and issue tracking.
Guidelines for Coordinating with End-Users and Business Stakeholders
Coordinating with End-Users and Business Stakeholders
TOPIC D: PLAN AUTOMATION AND CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT
- Plan automation and configuration management.
Automation in Cloud Computing
- Describe automation in cloud computing.
Benefits of Automation
- Identify the benefits of automation.
Cost Reduction through Automation
- Describe cost reduction through automation.
Cloud Provider Automation Examples
- Describe different cloud provider automation examples.
- Define automated configuration.
Automated Configuration Examples
- Describe different automated configuration examples.
- Describe remote management.
Intelligent Platform Management (IPMI)
- Define intelligent platform management.
Guidelines for Planning Automated Configuration Management
Planning Automated Configuration Management
TOPIC E: DETERMINE CLOUD SERVICE SUPPORT RESOURCES
- Determine the cloud service support resources.
Need for Additional Support
- Identify the need for additional support.
Types of Resources
- Identify the different types of resources.
Technical Resource: Cloud Broker
- Define the cloud broker resource.
Examples of Cloud Brokers
- Describe examples of cloud brokers.
Resources: Distributed Management Task Force
- Define the distributed management task force resource.
Resources: Open Data Center Alliance
- Define the open data center alliance resource.
Resources: Cloud Standards Customer Council (CSCC)
- Define the cloud standards customer council resource.
Resources: Cloud Security Alliance (CSA)
- Define the cloud security alliance resource.
Guidelines for Determining Support Resources
Determining Support Resources
LESSON 3: DEPLOYING A CLOUD APPLICATION WITH DIGITAL OCEAN
TOPIC A: DETERMINE CLOUD APPLICATION IMPLEMENTATION REQUIREMENTS
- Determine the cloud application implementation requirements.
Cloud Based Applications
- Describe cloud based applications.
Business Benefits of Deploying Applications in the Cloud
- Identify the business benefits of deploying applications in the cloud.
Platform as a Service (PaaS) Solutions
- Describe different platform as a service Solutions.
- Describe different provider examples.
Application Design Considerations
- Identify application design considerations.
Common Cloud Application Languages and Frameworks
- Identify common cloud application languages and frameworks.
Application Migration to Cloud Considerations
- Identify the application migration to cloud considerations.
- Define the administrative requirements.
- Describe regional support.
- Identify the integration requirements.
- Describe development support.
Provider Add Ons
- Identify provider add ons.
Guidelines for Determining Cloud Application Implementation Requirements
Determining Cloud Application Implementation Requirements
TOPIC B: DEPLOYING A DROPLET ON DIGITAL OCEAN
- Deploy a droplet on Digital Ocean.
- Define Digital Ocean.
Digital Ocean Scaling
- Describe Digital Ocean scaling.
Digital Ocean APIs
- Describe Digital Ocean APIs.
Digital Ocean Control Panel
- Describe Digital Ocean control panel.
Digital Ocean Bistros
- Describe Digital Ocean bistros.
Digital Ocean 1-Click Apps
- Describe Digital Ocean 1 click apps.
Digital Ocean Networking
- Describe Digital Ocean networking.
- Define droplets.
Other Digital Ocean Features
- Identify other Digital Ocean features.
Guidelines for Deploying Applications on Digital Ocean
Deploying a Droplet
LESSON 4: DEPLOYING A CLOUD APPLICATION WITH HEROKU
TOPIC A: IDENTIFY CLOUD APPLICATION FEATURES OF HEROKU
- Identify the cloud application features of Heroku.
- Define Heroku.
Ephemeral File System
- Describe the ephemeral file system.
- Describe the Heroku shared state.
- Describe the Heroku dependency management.
Heroku Scaling Options
- Identify the Heroku scaling options.
- Describe Heroku logging.
- Define Heroku Dynos.
- Describe dyno management.
- Describe Heroku routing.
- Define Logplex.
- Describe the integration with GitHub.
- Identify marketplace add-ons.
Identifying Cloud Application Requirements Supported by Heroku
TOPIC B: DEPLOY A HEROKU APP
- Deploy a Heroku app.
App Deployment Process
- Describe the app deployment process.
- Describe the account setup process.
- Define the Heroku Toolbelt.
- Describe the Heroku control panel.
- Define the application frameworks.
How to Deploy Applications on Heroku
Deploying an Application on Heroku
TOPIC C: SCALE AND UPDATE APPLICATIONS ON HEROKU
- Scale and update applications on Heroku.
- Define slugs.
- Define buildpacks.
- Describe slug deployment.
- Describe application scaling.
Application Release Checking
- Describe the application release checking process.
Application Rollback Options
- Identify the application rollback options.
Guidelines for Scaling and Updating Applications on Heroku
Scaling and Updating Applications on Heroku
TOPIC D: SECURE HEROKU APPLICATIONS WITH GIT BASH
- Secure Heroku applications with Git Bash.
Cloud Application Security
- Define cloud application security.
- Define application security.
- Describe why you need secure administration.
Secure Shell (SSH) Public and Private Key Encryption
- Define secure shell public and private key encryption.
- Define Git Bash.
Git Bash Client Installation
- Describe Git Bash client installation.
- Identify the SSH configuration.
How to Secure Heroku Applications with Git Bash
Securing Heroku Applications with Git Bash
LESSON 5: DEPLOYING WEBSITES WITH MICROSOFT AZURE
TOPIC A: OVERVIEW OF MICROSOFT AZURE
- Identify Microsoft Azure.
- Define Microsoft Azure.
Azure Service Models
- Identify Azure service models.
Operating System Support
- Identify the operating systems are supported by Azure.
Application Development Support
- Identify which application development languages are supported by Azure.
Azure Computer and Network Services
- Describe Azure computer and network services.
Azure Data Services
- Identify Azure data services.
Azure App Services
- Identify Azure app services.
Azure Performance Measurement
- Describe Azure performance measurement.
- Describe the app store.
Azure Standard Architecture
- Identify the Azure standard architecture.
Identify the Microsoft Azure Components Required for a Cloud Solution
TOPIC B: DEPLOY WEBSITES IN MICROSOFT AZURE
- Deploy websites in Microsoft Azure.
- Describe website in Azure.
Websites in Virtual Machines
- Describe websites in virtual machines.
Front-end Code and Application Logic in Azure Websites
- Identify front-end code and application logic in azure websites.
Website Deployment Methods
- Identify website deployment methods.
- Identify website modes.
Website Performance Monitoring
- Describe website performance monitoring.
Microsoft Azure Management Portal
- Define the Microsoft Azure management portal.
Guidelines for Deploying Websites in Microsoft Azure
Deploying a Website in Microsoft Azure
TOPIC C: MANAGE DATA AND STORAGE IN MICROSOFT AZURE
- Manage data and storage in Microsoft Azure.
- Define Azure storage.
- Define blobs.
- Define tables.
- Define queues.
Microsoft Azure Databases
- Define Microsoft Azure databases.
MS SQL Server
- Define SQL Server.
- Define NoSQL databases.
Guidelines for Managing Data and Storage in Microsoft Azure
Managing SQL Server in Microsoft Azure
LESSON 6: IMPLEMENTING AZURE CLOUD SERVICES AND VIRTUAL MACHINES
TOPIC A: IMPLEMENT AZURE CLOUD SERVICES
- Implement Azure cloud services.
Azure Cloud Services as a PaaS
- Describe Azure cloud services as a PaaS.
- Describe application deployment process.
- Define the web role for Azure cloud services.
- Define the worker role for Azure cloud services.
Web and Worker Roles and Virtual Machines
- Define the web and worker roles and virtual machines.
Requirements to Deploy Cloud Service Website
- Identify the requirements to deploy a cloud service website.
Guidelines for Implementing Azure Cloud Services
Implementing Azure Cloud Services
Implementing Mobile Services in Microsoft Azure
TOPIC B: IMPLEMENT AZURE VIRTUAL MACHINES
- Implement Azure Virtual Machines.
Azure Virtual Machines as IaaS
- Describe Azure virtual machines as an IaaS.
Multi-tier Application Support
- Describe multi-tier application support.
Azure Virtual Machines Examples
- Describe different Azure virtual machines examples.
- Define Hyper-V.
Benefits of Hyper-V in Azure Cloud Services
- Identify the benefits of Hyper-V in Azure cloud services.
Azure Virtual Networks
- Describe Azure virtual networks.
Azure Services Comparison
- Compare Azure services.
Guidelines for Implementing Azure Virtual Machines
Implementing Azure Virtual Machines
Implementing Virtual Networks
TOPIC C: MANAGE MICROSOFT AZURE CLOUD SERVICES
- Manage Microsoft Azure Cloud Services.
- Describe managing traffic.
- Define the traffic manager.
Disaster Recovery Management
- Describe the process for managing disaster recovery in Azure cloud services.
- Describe the process for managing failover in Azure cloud services.
- Describe the process for managing performance in Azure cloud services.
- Define management certificates.
- Describe the process for managing administrators in Azure cloud services.
Affinity Group Management
- Describe the process for managing affinity groups in Azure cloud services.
Guidelines for Managing Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
Managing Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
LESSON 7: MANAGING AZURE APPLICATIONS WITH VISUAL STUDIO
TOPIC A: PUBLISH APPLICATIONS TO AZURE WITH VISUAL STUDIO
- Publish an application to Azure with visual studio.
- Define Visual Studio.
Visual Studio Terminology
- Define Visual Studio terminology.
Visual Studio Solution Explorer
- Describe the Visual Studio Solution Explorer.
Visual Studio Templates
- Define Visual Studio templates.
Developer Operations with Visual Studio
- Identify the different developer operations available with Visual Studio.
Azure Profile Settings
- Identify different Azure profile settings.
Local Application Testing
- Describe local application testing.
Publication Requirements for Azure
- Identify the publication requirements for Azure.
Guidelines for Publishing Applications to Azure with Visual Studio
Publishing a Website to Azure with Visual Studio
Publishing a Local App to Azure with Visual Studio
TOPIC B: MIGRATE .NET APPLICATIONS TO AZURE WITH VISUAL STUDIO
- Migrate .NET applications to Azure with Visual Studio.
Application Migration Considerations
- Identify application migration considerations.
Azure Requirements for Migration
- Identify the Azure requirements for migration.
Local Apps and Cloud Apps
- Compare local apps and cloud apps.
Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project Conversion
- Describe the Microsoft Azure cloud service project conversion.
The ServiceConfiguration.Cloud File
- Define the ServiceConfiguration.Cloud file.
The ServiceConfiguration.Local File
- Define the ServiceConfiguration.Local file.
Service Definition Files
- Describe service definition files.
Guidelines for Migrating .NET Applications to Azure with Visual Studio
Migrating .NET Applications to Azure with Visual Studio
LESSON 8: DEPLOYING APPLICATIONS TO OPSCODE CHEF
TOPIC A: OVERVIEW OF OPSCODE CHEF
- Describe Opscode Chef.
Operational Challenges of Managing Multiple Cloud Nodes
- Identify the operational challenges of managing multiple cloud nodes.
- Define Chef.
- Define node.
- Describe the Chef service.
Chef Web Interface
- Describe the Chef web interface service.
Apache Solr Search
- Define Solr Search.
- Define CouchDB.
- Define RabbitMQ.
Components of Chef Implementations
- Describe other components used in a Chef implementation.
Chef Usage Model
- Describe the Chef usage model.
Identifying Scenarios Where Cloud Operations can benefit from Chef
TOPIC B: INSTALL THE CHEF CLIENT
- Install the Chef client.
Overview of Chef Architecture
- Describe the Chef architecture.
- Identify different nodes types.
- Describe the Chef client.
- Define Ohai.
- Define a workstation.
- Define Knife.
- Describe the Chef repo.
- Define a server.
Guidelines for Installing the Chef Client
Installing the Chef Client
TOPIC C: IMPLEMENT CHEF COOKBOOKS
- Implement Chef cookbooks.
- Define cookbooks.
- Describe different cookbook scenarios.
Node Attribute Values
- Identify node attribute values.
- Describe resource definitions.
- Describe file distributions.
- Define libraries.
- Define templates.
- Describe cookbook versions.
- Define recipes.
- Identify recipe metadata.
Guidelines for Implementing Chef Cookbooks
Implementing Chef Cookbooks
TOPIC D: MANAGE AZURE SERVICES WITH CHEF
- Manage Azure Services with Chef.
Azure Management Scenarios for Chef
- Identify different Azure management scenarios for Chef.
- Define Knife Azure.
- Identify different installation requirements.
- Identify different configuration requirements.
Azure Command Trees
- Define Azure command trees.
Guidelines for Managing Azure Services with Chef
Managing Azure Services with Chef
LESSON 9: MANAGING SERVER STATE WITH PUPPET
TOPIC A: DETERMINE HOW PUPPET CAN STREAMLINE CLOUD MANAGEMENT
- Determine how using Puppet can streamline cloud management.
Server State Management
- Describe server state management.
Change Implementation Speed
- Describe the benefits to implementation speed in cloud solutions.
- Describe the benefits of implementation consistency in cloud solutions.
- Define Puppet.
- Describe the Puppet language.
- Describe Puppet distributions.
Guidelines for Determining How Puppet Streamlines Cloud Management
Determining How Puppet Streamlines Cloud Management
TOPIC B: DEPLOY PUPPET
- Deploy Puppet.
- Describe Puppet deployments.
- Identify agent nodes.
Puppet Master Server
- Identify Puppet master servers.
- Identify Puppet console servers.
Database Support Server
- Identify database support servers.
Puppet Operating Systems Requirements
- Identify the Puppet operating systems requirements.
Guidelines for Deploying Puppet
LESSON 10: IMPLEMENTING RACKSPACE CLOUD SERVERS
TOPIC A: OVERVIEW OF OPENSTACK
- Identify OpenStack.
Need for Vendor-Agnostic Cloud Computing Standards
- Describe the need for vendor-agnostic cloud computing standards.
- Define OpenStack.
- Identify the OpenStack principles.
- Describe how OpenStack supports a hypervisor-agnostic solution.
- Describe OpenStack Compute.
OpenStack Object Storage
- Describe OpenStack object storage.
- Describe OpenStack imaging.
Rackspace as an OpenStack Solution
- Describe Rackspace as an open solution.
Topic B: Overview of Rackspace Cloud Services
- Identify Rackspace cloud services.
- Describe Rackspace Cloud.
Rackspace Cloud Service Models
- Identify the Rackspace Cloud service models.
Rackspace Compute and Network Components
- Identify the Rackspace compute and network components.
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Databases.
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Sites.
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Files.
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Backup.
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Monitoring.
- Describe Rackspace Private Cloud.
Cloud Block Storage
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Block Storage.
Example Rackspace Architecture
- Describe an example Rackspace architecture.
Identify Rackspace Components Required for a Cloud Solution
TOPIC C: DEPLOY A RACKSPACE CLOUD SERVER
- Deploy a Rackspace Cloud Server.
Rackspace Cloud Server Regions
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Server regions.
Rackspace Cloud Server OS Support
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Server OS support.
Rackspace Cloud Server SDK Support
- Describe Rackspace Cloud Server SDK support.
Rackspace Cloud Server Command Line
- Describe the Rackspace Cloud Server command line.
Rackspace Cloud Files Deployment Requirements
- Identify the Rackspace Cloud Files deployment requirements.
Guidelines for Deploying a Rackspace Cloud Server
Deploying and Configuring a Rackspace Cloud Server
TOPIC D: MANAGE RACKSPACE CLOUD SERVERS WITH CHEF
- Manage Rackspace Cloud Servers with Chef.
- Define Knife Rackspace.
- Define Gem.
Gem and OpenStack Interoperability
- Describe Gem and OpenStack interoperability.
- Identify the installations requirements for Rackspace Cloud Servers with Chef.
- Identify the configuration options for Rackspace Cloud Servers with Chef.
- Identify the subcommands for Rackspace Cloud Servers with Chef.
Guidelines for Managing Rackspace Cloud Servers with Chef
Managing Rackspace Cloud Servers with Chef
TOPIC E: MANAGE QUALITY OF SERVICE (QOS)
- Manage quality of service.
Quality of Service
- Define quality of service.
- Identify QoS frameworks.
- Define QoS Ontologies.
- Identify QoS layers.
QoS Implementation at Provider
- Describe the QoS implementation at providers.
QoS Implementation at Customer
- Describe the QoS implementation at customers.
QoS Implementation at End-User
- Describe the QoS implementation at end users.
Guidelines for Managing Quality of Service for Cloud Services
Managing Quality of Service for Cloud Services
LESSON 11: IMPORTING AND EXPORTING DATA FROM CLOUD SERVICES
TOPIC A: DETERMINE REQUIREMENTS FOR CLOUD DATA IMPORT AND EXPORT
- Determine requirements for cloud data import and export.
Role of Data Import/Export in Cloud Services
- Describe the role of data import/export in cloud services.
Common Import/Export Scenarios
- Describe common import/export scenarios.
Challenges of Data Import/Export in Cloud Service Scenarios
- Describe the challenges of data import/export in cloud service scenarios.
Off Public Network Migration Options
- Define off public network migration options.
Data Import/Export Timing Calculations Example
- Describe a data import/export timing calculations example.
Provider Import/Export Tools
- List some provider import/export tools.
Third Party Import/Export Tools
- List some third party import/export tools.
Guidelines for Determining Requirements for Cloud Data Import and Export
Determining Requirements for Cloud Data Import and Export
TOPIC B: IMPORT DATA TO AND EXPORT DATA FROM A CLOUD NETWORK
- Import data to and export data from a cloud network.
Amazon Web Services Import and Export Options
- List Amazon Web Services import and export options.
Microsoft Azure Import and Export Options
- List Microsoft Azure import and export options.
Rackspace Cloud Import and Export Options
- List Rackspace import and export options.
Rackspace Bulk Import
- Describe Rackspace Bulk Import.
Rackspace Control Panel for Import/Export
- Describe using the Rackspace Control Panel for import/export.
Rackspace CDN Import
- Describe Rackspace CDN import.
Swift Command-line Tool for Import/Export
- Describe the Swift command-line tool for import/export.
Guidelines for Importing and Exporting Data to Cloud Networks
Importing Data to Rackspace Cloud
LESSON 12: MANAGING SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE IN CLOUD SOLUTIONS
TOPIC A: SECURE CLOUD SOLUTIONS
- Secure cloud solutions.
- Define cloud security.
Impact of Cloud Security Breach
- Describe the impact of a cloud security breach.
Types of Threats to Cloud Computing Solutions
- Identify the types of threats to cloud computing solutions.
- Describe Hypervisor security.
Load Balancer Security
- Describe load balancer security.
- Describe OS security.
Other Security Concerns
- Describe other security concerns.
- Describe different security tools.
Guidelines for Securing Cloud Solutions
Securing Cloud Solutions
TOPIC B: MANAGE COMPLIANCE FOR CLOUD SOLUTIONS
- Manage compliance for cloud solutions.
Compliance Responsibilities for Providers
- Identify the compliance responsibilities for providers.
Compliance Responsibilities for Customers
- Identify the compliance responsibilities for customers.
Compliance Responsibilities for Operations Staff
- Identify the compliance responsibilities for operations staff.
- Identify important compliance regulations.
- Describe different compliance tools.
Guidelines for Managing Compliance for Cloud Solutions
Managing Compliance for Cloud Solutions
LESSON 13: PLANNING AND EXECUTING A PHASED CLOUD MIGRATION
TOPIC A: PLAN A PHASED MIGRATION
- Plan a phased migration.
Build for the Cloud or Move to the Cloud?
- Compare building for the cloud to moving to the cloud.
- Define phased migration.
Benefits of a Phased Migration
- Identify the benefits of a phased migration.
Phase 1: Cloud Assessment
- Describe the cloud assessment phase.
Phase 2: Proof of Concept
- Describe the proof of concept phase.
Phase 3: Data Migration
- Describe the data migration phase.
Phase 4: App Migration
- Describe the app migration phase.
Phase 5: Cloud Feature Implementation
- Describe the cloud feature implementation phase.
Phase 6: Optimizing
- Describe the optimizing phase.
Guidelines for Planning a Phased Migration
Planning a Phased Migration
TOPIC B: EXECUTE PHASE 1: CLOUD ASSESSMENT
- Assess cloud migration.
- Describe a financial assessment.
Security and Compliance Assessment
- Describe a security and compliance assessment.
Provider Specific Security and Compliance Issues
- Identify provider specific security and compliance issues.
Technical and Functional Assessment
- Describe a technical and functional assessment.
- Define the dependency tree.
- Define a classification chart.
Cloud Candidate Identification
- Describe cloud candidate identification.
Identify Tools for Reuse
- Identify tools that can be reused.
License Product Migration Issues
- Identify license product migration issues.
Success Criteria Definition
- Describe the success criteria definition.
- Describe roadmap creation.
Guidelines for Assessing Cloud Migration
Assessing Cloud Migration
TOPIC C: EXECUTE PHASE 2: DEPLOY A PROOF OF CONCEPT ON AMAZON WEB SERVICES
- Deploy a proof of concept on Amazon Web Services.
Provider and Platform Familiarization
- Describe getting familiar with providers and platforms.
AWS Availability and Management Building Blocks
- Identify the AWS availability and management building blocks.
AWS Cross Cloud Service Features
- Identify the AWS cross cloud service features.
AWS Platform Building Blocks
- Identify the AWS platform building blocks.
AWS Infrastructure Building Blocks
- Identify the AWS infrastructure building blocks.
AWS Network and Compute Components
- Identify the AWS network and compute components.
AWS Database Services
- Identify the AWS database services.
AWS Storage and Content Delivery
- Describe AWS storage and content delivery.
AWS Performance Monitoring
- Describe AWS performance monitoring.
Proof of Concept Deployment
- Describe the proof of concept deployment.
Guidelines for Deploying a Proof of Concept Application on AWS
Deploying a Proof of Concept Application on AWS
TOPIC D: EXECUTE PHASE 3: DATA MIGRATION
- Migrate data to Amazon Web Services.
- Describe the storage options.
- Describe the database options.
File Server Migration
- Define file server migration.
- Define backup migration.
MySQL Database Migration
- Define MySQL database migration.
Commercial Database Migration
- Define commercial database migration.
Large Data Migrations
- Describe large data migrations.
Guidelines for Migrating Data to Amazon Web Services
Migrating Data to Amazon Web Services
TOPIC E: EXECUTE PHASE 4: APPLICATION MIGRATION
- Migrate applications to the cloud.
Key Application Migration Question: Move in Phases or all at Once?
- Determine whether to move in phases or all at once.
Forklift Migration Strategy
- Define the forklift migration strategy.
Hybrid Migration Strategy
- Define the hybrid migration strategy.
Amazon Machine Image (AMI)
- Define Amazon Machine Image.
AMI Creation and Configuration
- Describe AMI creation and configuration.
Guidelines for Migrating Applications to the Cloud
Migrating Applications to the Cloud
TOPIC F: EXECUTE PHASE 5: IMPLEMENT CLOUD FEATURES
- Implement cloud features.
- Describe scalability of cloud features.
- Describe elasticity of cloud features.
- Describe high availability for cloud features.
- Describe the automation of cloud features.
- Describe security for cloud features.
- Describe the business continuity aspects of cloud features.
Guidelines for Implementing Cloud Features
Implementing Cloud Features
TOPIC G: EXECUTE PHASE 6: OPTIMIZE CLOUD IMPLEMENTATIONS
- Optimize cloud implementations.
- Define usage patterns.
- Describe resource optimization.
- Describe efficiency improvements.
Management and Maintenance
- Describe management and maintenance.
- Describe application re-engineering.
Relational Database Decomposition
- Describe relational database decomposition.
Guidelines for Optimizing Cloud Implementations
Optimizing Cloud Implementations
For whom it is intended:
- System administrator
To pre-register for courses or clarify information, please call: +380 44 230 34 74