The transition to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solutions and provisioning the right supporting infrastructure to support those solutions can present your team with significant challenges.
The new HP Unified Wired-Wireless Networks and BYOD course provides HP Partners with the skills and knowledge to design and implement a BYOD solution using Intelligent Management Center (IMC) software and the HP Unified Wired and Wireless controller. You will build a proven, secure BYOD solution to host guests and employees who bring unknown devices into your corporate wireless network. Whether enabling mobility across the campus or the globe, HP’s unified wired and wireless solutions provide you with a single optimized and scalable unified network for secure and consistent access to business critical applications.
This course is approximately 60% hands-on labs and 40% lecture and learning activities.
The HP Unified Wired-Wireless Networks and BYOD course prepares candidates for one of the specialty exams in the HP ASE FlexNetwork Architect V2 and soon-to-be-released HP ASE – FlexNetwork Integrator V1 certification within the HP ExpertOne program.
HP ATP – FlexNetwork Solutions V1 or HP ATP – FlexNetwork Solutions V2
HP Partners with three or more years of experience in designing and implementing enterprise level wireless networks. General knowledge of network management software, and specifically, IMC, is highly recommended.
WHAT IS NEW?
The HP Unified Wired-Wireless Networks and BYOD course is a new course, and is one of the electives in the new HP ASE – FlexNetwork Architect V2 and soon-to-be-released HP ASE – FlexNetwork Integrator V1 certification tracks.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the components of the HP FlexNetwork architecture
- Configure an HP Unified Wired-WLAN switch
- Describe the 802.11 standards and techniques used to propagate wireless transmissions
- Describe specific radio properties that you should understand when implementing a wireless network
- Respond to and mitigate threats of intrusion that exists in a wireless medium through establishing a security posture with strong authentication, privacy, and data integrity
- Upgrade and manage the licenses of the HP Unified Wired-WLAN controllers
- Describe and troubleshoot the AP discovery process and AP management
- Implement load balancing of clients
- Configure an appropriate AC redundancy solution
- Establish a guest solution utilizing HP portal authentication
- Describe WLAN optimization and troubleshooting solutions
- Explain the benefits of WSM and EAD as part of an overall IMC deployment tool
- Understand the foundation of the HP BYOD solution
- Differentiate BYOD from simple authentication (802.1x, Mac or Web authentication)
- Define UAM installation requirements and options
- Understand and configure the step by step BYOD installation and configuration process including:
- Onboarding of guest endpoints
- Portal redirection
- Registration process for user endpoints
- Different ways of guest account creation
- Guest access for corporate user’s personal endpoints
- 802.1X authentication for corporate endpoints
- Automation of endpoint configuration
- Distribution of certificates for EAP-TLS authentication
CERTIFICATION(S) AND EXAM(S)
- HP ASE – FlexNetwork Architect V2
- HP2-Z33 – HP Unified Wired-Wireless Networks and BYOD
For more information about HP training programs in Ukraine visit http://www8.hp.com/ua/ru/training/index.html
For whom it is intended:
- Network administrator
- System administrator
- System engineer
To pre-register for courses or clarify information, please call: +380 44 230 34 74