The HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course provides you with a comprehensive set of networking skills which will increase your knowledge of modern, open standard based networking technologies and solutions.
Your knowledge and skills to successfully implement and validate small to medium enterprise network solutions will significantly increase after completing the HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course. In the course, you will be working on Comware and ProVision based switches in the lab exercises.
HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals introduces network technicians to the basic features of modern networks such as VLAN’s, redundancy technologies such as MSTP, link aggregation technologies like LACP, static and dynamic IP routing with OSPF, standalone Access Points (AP’s), and network management with HP’s Intelligent Management Center (IMC).
The course will cover a high level introduction to HP’s Converged Infrastructure strategy and also network virtualization with HP’s Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF).
This course is approximately 50 percent lecture and learning activities and 50 percent lab activities.
The HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course prepares candidates for the HP Accredited Technical Professional (ATP) – FlexNetwork Solutions V2 certification within the HP ExpertOne program.
Prior to attending the HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals training you should take the following web-based trainings:
- Getting Started with HP Switching and Routing, Rev 13.31 (course ID 00731204)
- Getting Started with HP Wireless, Rev 13.31 (course ID 00731293)
The courses can be found in The Learning Center.
For those who need a refresh on certain networking topics, it is recommended that you watch one or more of the videos listed below.
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – OSI Model, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764936)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – Binary, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764942)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – Data Flows, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00765397)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – IP Addressing, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00766100)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – IP Subnetting, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764933)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – TCP/UDP, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00765415)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – VLANs, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764953)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – Routing, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764946)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – Spanning Tree, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764948)
The videos can be found in The Learning Center, but also in the My ExpertOne Portal from the ExpertOne
WHAT IS NEW?
The HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course is a new course that combines the best of the HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals using Comware Software and HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals using ProVision Software courses. The new course brings both switch families together in a single fully integrated training.
Additionally the HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course introduces you to HP’s FlexNetwork Architecture and a broader concept of networking not limited to switches, routers and AP’s, as well as networking elements within HP servers such as Virtual Connect (VC).
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain HPs FlexNetwork Architecture
- Perform basic configuration, access security and switch setup on HP switches
- Configure Layer 2 technologies such as STP, Link Aggregation and VLANs
- Configure basic IP Routing with static and dynamic routing technologies (OSPF)
- Configure HP Networkings network virtualization technology IRF
- Provide mobility solutions with the MSM wireless Access Points
- Manage and monitor Networks with HP IMC network management software
- Explain HPs Converged Infrastructure strategy, including Virtual Connect (VC)
- HP0-Y49 – Applying HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals
- HP2-Z30 Fast Track – Applying HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals
- HP ATP – FlexNetwork Solutions V2
For more information about HP training programs in Ukraine visit the web site at http://www8.hp.com/ua/ru/training/index.html
For whom it is intended:
- Network administrator
- System administrator
To pre-register for courses or clarify information, please call: +380 44 230 34 74