Configuring HP FlexNetwork Technologies for Comware Devices (H4C87S)
This course introduces network professionals to the basic features of modern networks such as VLANs, redundancy technologies such as MSTP,IRF, link aggregation technologies like LACP, static IP routing, and dynamic routing with OSPF.
In this course participants will learn how these technologies are implemented in the HP Comware 7 switch platform, and will have opportunities to practice configuring these features, monitor their functionality, and design a solution based on provided criteria. This course also includes an introduction to network management with HP’s Intelligent Management Center (IMC) version 7.
This course is approximately 40 percent lecture and learning activities and 60 percent hands-on lab activities.
- Students should possess experience with networking and common LAN protocols
- IT professionals who will deploy and manage networks based on HP Comware products
- Describe how HP’s FlexNetwork strategy applies to components such as FlexCampus, FlexBranch, FlexManagement, and Software-Defined Networks (SDN)
- Protect devices with local and remote authentication using telnet, SSH, web, and SNMP access
- Navigate the HP Comware CLI and manage the flash file system
- Upgrade the Comware switch operating system
- Configure VLANs on HP Comware switches
- Implement basic routing on directly connected VLANs or links
- Configure a Comware switch for DHCP server and DHCP relay
- Interpret Comware logs
- Understand how different varieties of spanning tree are implemented on Comware switches
- Configure multiple spanning tree and apply STP security features
- Differentiate between static and dynamic link aggregation
- Configure and troubleshoot link aggregation on HP switches
- Identify applications for static and dynamic routing
- Configure single-area OSPF routing
- Understand the basic operation of HP’s Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF)
- Identify IRF’s advantages when compared with other technologies that manage redundant paths
- Describe how the Multi-Active Detection (MAD) protocol deals with an IRF split stack
- Configure and verify a simple IRF topology
- Identify the components and protocols that support HP’s Intelligent Management Center
- Install IMC and use it to configure and monitor network devices
- Differentiate applications for two- and three-tier network designs
- Identify an appropriate VLAN design based on a given scenario
- Based on a given scenario, choose appropriate link types and redundancy solutions
- Use best practices for IP addressing and OSPF routing when implementing a network design
BENEFITS TO YOU
This course will enhance your knowledge and skills in several areas of networking. You will gain proficiency in using the Comware CLI, including the application of device access security, updating software, and managing the Comware file system.
As a learner you will have sole control of set of equipment that includes four Comware 5900 switches, as well as a server and client.
For more information about HP training programs in Ukraine visit http://www8.hp.com/ua/ru/training/index.html
For whom it is intended:
- Network administrator
- System administrator
- System engineer
To pre-register for courses or clarify information, please call: +380 44 230 34 74