This course is an accelerated combination of HP Access Layer Network Technologies using ProVision Software (HK651s) and HP Core/Distribution Network Technologies using ProVision Software (HK741s).
The HP ProVision Access Layer Fast Track Networks takes from getting started with the HP ProVision switches, and moves you from the basics to describe techniques for designing and implementing resilient switched and routed converged networks based on the HP ProVision ASIC switches. These networks will be capable of fulfilling the “triple play” requirement of supporting voice, video, and data transmissions on a unified infrastructure.
Professionals who design and deploy SMB and enterprise-edge solutions based on HP technologies, including HP reseller systems engineers, customer IT staff, HP system engineers, HP services field and call center support engineers
- Getting Started with HP Switching and Routing v. 10.41 (WBT)
- HP Network Design Principles (PDF)
BENEFITS TO YOU
Fast Track HP ProVision Networks will provide network engineers and technicians with the knowledge and skills necessary to configure HP ProVision switches supporting network redundancy at Layer 2 and Layer 3, networks supporting IPv4 and IPv6 as well as OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 and IP multicast supported network systems. The concepts presented are reinforced with hands-on experience configuring E-Series ProVision ASIC switches in a lab environment.
DETAILED COURSE OUTLINE
- Configure basic setup parameters
- Configure and verify VLANs and IP Services
- Configure static routes
- Configure and verify Link Aggregation
- Configure Spanning Tree
- ProVision ASIC networking products and technologies
- Providing redundant links and default gateways with MSTP/VRRP
- Designing and implementing IPv4 networks
- Designing and implementing OSPFv2 routing
- Designing and implementing Layer 2 and Layer 3 QoS
- Designing and implementing IGMP, PIM-Sparse, PIM-Dense
- Designing and implementing QinQ
- Designing and implementing IPv6, OSPFv3, DHCPv6
For more information about HP training programs in Ukraine visit http://www8.hp.com/ua/ru/training/index.html
The HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course provides you with a comprehensive set of networking skills which will increase your knowledge of modern, open standard based networking technologies and solutions.
Your knowledge and skills to successfully implement and validate small to medium enterprise network solutions will significantly increase after completing the HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course. In the course, you will be working on Comware and ProVision based switches in the lab exercises.
HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals introduces network technicians to the basic features of modern networks such as VLAN’s, redundancy technologies such as MSTP, link aggregation technologies like LACP, static and dynamic IP routing with OSPF, standalone Access Points (AP’s), and network management with HP’s Intelligent Management Center (IMC).
The course will cover a high level introduction to HP’s Converged Infrastructure strategy and also network virtualization with HP’s Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF).
This course is approximately 50 percent lecture and learning activities and 50 percent lab activities.
The HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course prepares candidates for the HP Accredited Technical Professional (ATP) – FlexNetwork Solutions V2 certification within the HP ExpertOne program.
Prior to attending the HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals training you should take the following web-based trainings:
- Getting Started with HP Switching and Routing, Rev 13.31 (course ID 00731204)
- Getting Started with HP Wireless, Rev 13.31 (course ID 00731293)
The courses can be found in The Learning Center.
For those who need a refresh on certain networking topics, it is recommended that you watch one or more of the videos listed below.
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – OSI Model, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764936)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – Binary, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764942)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – Data Flows, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00765397)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – IP Addressing, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00766100)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – IP Subnetting, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764933)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – TCP/UDP, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00765415)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – VLANs, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764953)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – Routing, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764946)
- HP Networking Fundamentals Video Series – Spanning Tree, Rev. 13.31 (course ID 00764948)
The videos can be found in The Learning Center, but also in the My ExpertOne Portal from the ExpertOne
WHAT IS NEW?
The HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course is a new course that combines the best of the HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals using Comware Software and HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals using ProVision Software courses. The new course brings both switch families together in a single fully integrated training.
Additionally the HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals course introduces you to HP’s FlexNetwork Architecture and a broader concept of networking not limited to switches, routers and AP’s, as well as networking elements within HP servers such as Virtual Connect (VC).
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain HPs FlexNetwork Architecture
- Perform basic configuration, access security and switch setup on HP switches
- Configure Layer 2 technologies such as STP, Link Aggregation and VLANs
- Configure basic IP Routing with static and dynamic routing technologies (OSPF)
- Configure HP Networkings network virtualization technology IRF
- Provide mobility solutions with the MSM wireless Access Points
- Manage and monitor Networks with HP IMC network management software
- Explain HPs Converged Infrastructure strategy, including Virtual Connect (VC)
- HP0-Y49 – Applying HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals
- HP2-Z30 Fast Track – Applying HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals
- HP ATP – FlexNetwork Solutions V2
For more information about HP training programs in Ukraine visit the web site at http://www8.hp.com/ua/ru/training/index.html