This course provides training for the HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array family, including the EVA 4000/6000/8000, EVA 4100/6100/8100, and EVA 4400/6400/8400 series.
- This course is primarily intended for Pre-Sales Technical personnel.
- A secondary audience is HP employees, customers, and partners with an interest in learning about the installation, configuration and support of the Enterprise Virtual Array storage solutions.
Recommended prerequisite training:
- Storage Basics for Better TCE
- Storage Change Management
- Storage Technologies Web-Based Training (WBT)
- HP StorageWorks Full-Line Technical WBT
- Introduction to Storage Area Networks Computer-Based Training (CBT)
- Storage Area Network Fundamentals
- Compaq StorageWorks Virtualization Concepts WBT
- HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array Product Overview
- The student should also be familiar with OpenView and SANworks software products through the appropriate courses.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify the terminology used with the EVA and virtual storage.
- Identify the physical, management, and interconnect functions of the HSV controllers, Management Module, disk drive enclosures, FC-AL drives, and Fibre Channel loop switch.
- Locate EVA storage system hardware, and set up and operate components of the HSV controller and disk drive enclosure.
- Use the Management Module and its web-based OCP (WOCP) to access storage system management functions.
- Connect to the Fibre Channel loop switch and use its available interfaces to perform basic functions.
- Describe the rack models, power cabling, and cabling configurations for all models
- Describe the features and functions of the initial storage and host configuration software called HP SmartStart for EVA Storage.
- Use HP SmartStart for EVA Storage to initially configure storage and hosts for the EVA4400.
- Identify the features and functions of Command View EVA.
- Describe how to configure and monitor storage and hosts with Command View EVA.
- Use Command View EVA to configure and monitor storage and hosts.
- Identify features and functions of the Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU) and use the utility to configure storage and hosts.
- Describe the event reporting and notification mechanisms used to support the EVA.
- Open and view various event logs.
- Use remote and local event notification options.
- Identify features and functions of local and remote replication software.
- Install, configure, and use local replication software.
- Describe basic diagnostic sources and how to use those tools to perform basic troubleshooting.
- Identify customer self repair (CSR) components and follow procedures to remove and replace components.
- Describe best practices for configuring the EVA with optimization for availability, performance, or cost.
- Designing HP StorageWorks Solutions - v11.1 (HH702_00296721)
- Designing and Implementing HP Cloud Solutions using 3PAR, Rev. 11.21 (HL034_00299816)
- HP StorageWorks P4000 SAN Configuration and Administration - v11.1 (HH657_00280117)
- SAN Infrastructure and Solutions Rev. 11.11 (HH703_00308530)
- Advanced SAN Architecture, Rev. 11.1 (HH718_00372644)
For more information about HP training programs in Ukraine visit http://www8.hp.com/ua/ru/training/index.html