In this course participants will learn how these technologies are implemented in the HP Provision switch platform, and will have opportunities to practice configuring these features, monitor their functionality, and design a solution based on provided criteria.
This course is approximately 40 percent lecture and learning activities and 60 percent hands-on lab activities.
This course covers basic and advanced topics within the HP FlexCampus Architecture. The learner will experience both theory and hands on experience utilizing real hardware through lab exercises over five days. The learner will configure, monitor, HP ProVision devices using open standard technologies. You will work with layer 2 technologies, such as Multiple Instance Spanning Tree (MSTP) and Link-Aggregation (Trunks). You will also learn about Backplane Stacking. Layer 3 technologies, such as static routes, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) with Multi-Area implementations, and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), along with multicast solutions leveraging Protocol independent Multicast (PIM) both dense and spare modes.
- Students should possess experience with networking and common LAN protocols
- IT professionals who will deploy and manage networks based on HP ProVision products
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
- Protect devices with local and remote authentication using telnet, SSH, web, and SNMP access
- Navigate the HP ProVision CLI and manage the flash file system
- Upgrade the ProVision switch operating system
- Configure VLANs on HP ProVision switches
- Configure a ProVision switch for DHCP server and DHCP relay
- Configure multiple spanning tree and apply STP security features
- Differentiate between static and dynamic link aggregation
- Configure and troubleshoot link aggregation on HP switches
- Implement and deploy HP Backplane Stacking
- Configure, design and deploy Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- Configure, design and deploy Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), in multi-area, and work with External routes
- Configure, design and deploy Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Configure, design and deploy Quality of Service (QoS)
- Configure, design and deploy Multicast (Protocol Independent Multicast Dense Mode and Spare mode) along with IGMP technologies
Benefits to you
This course will enhance your knowledge and skills in several areas of networking. You will gain proficiency in using the Provision CLI, including the application of device access security, updating software, and managing the Provision file system.
As a learner you will have sole control of set of equipment that includes Provision switches, as well as a server and client.
M01 - Introduction
M02 - Basic Setup
M03 - Software & Configuration
M04 - VLANS
M05 - IP Services
M06 - Spanning Tree
M07 - Link Aggregation
M08 - Backplane Stacking
M09 - IP Routing
M010 - ACLs
M11 - QoS
M12 - OSPF (Multi-area and external area)
M13 - BGP
M14 - Multicast
For more information about HP training programs in Ukraine visit http://www8.hp.com/ua/ru/training/index.html